Author Topic: Fuel consumption  (Read 288331 times)

Offline Gmsal

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Fuel consumption
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 08:32:08 am »
It's getting better

Which menu's do you need to go through to see this screen DHZ7945?

Offline DHZ7945

• Too CX-y For My Car
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 11:20:55 am »
Applications icon. Then fuel economy monitor. Then you need to click on the next screen icons and you'll see the above
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:14:32 pm by DHZ7945 »
:)

Offline zfs

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 11:33:49 am »
Had my new facelifted CX5 petrol model now for a month and done 1200 miles mixed driving at national speed limits. True calculated mpg is 40.1. Considering my last Mazda (6 2.2 diesel) averaged out to 49 mpg I'm happy with this. Hopefully it will improve as the engine loosens up.

Offline howardsathome

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Year: 2013
Re: Fuel consumption 2013 CX-5 2.2D
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »
 :( My mileage now 16,200, indicated average 38.5. Actual Full Tank to Full Tank 37. Compares to 2003 Nissan X-Trail 2.2TD overall for 99,500 miles of similar driving conditions achieved 35mpg. Had hoped for 40 plus, otherwise very happy with car.

Offline Gmsal

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2015, 08:38:44 am »
Applications icon. Then fuel economy monitor. Then you need to click on the next screen icons and you'll see the above
Thanks for that :) :) :)

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:14 am »
Is there anyone who is in a position to provide some accurate real world figures for a 2.2D Sport 175 automatic? Honest John are listing this version at only 36MPG average compared to 51.4 for the official figures - just 70% (compared to 76% for the manual version).

Alan

Offline aljshep

• Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2015, 08:30:06 am »
Is there anyone who is in a position to provide some accurate real world figures for a 2.2D Sport 175 automatic? Honest John are listing this version at only 36MPG average compared to 51.4 for the official figures - just 70% (compared to 76% for the manual version).
Have just completed 3500 miles in two months with that motor and achieved 11.4 litres/100 miles which is fractionally under 40mpg.  Mainly holiday motoring and local runarounds with very little city driving.  I am impressed with consumption on local shopping trips for example but horrified at the motorway figures.

Offline March-mk

• Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »
There's only 1 real way to track MPG; firstly forget all the marketing blurb - test conditions cannot be replicated in the real world = seats removed etc..
I've got a CX5 on order and plan to monitor MPG using a tried and tested spreadsheet; I just enter the mileage from the oddometer, fill the tank (does not have to be empty, as long as you fill to max each time), then enter litres and convert to gallons.
I've been using this on several vehicles and is MUCH more reliable than any of the on-board trip computers!

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2015, 02:40:36 pm »

Offline Ant

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2015, 12:10:15 am »
My two-penneth worth...

Had my CX-5 (150 PS diesel manual) three weeks tomorrow and have about 940 miles on the clock. I've been averaging an indicated 44mpg. I haven't had a chance to calculate manually from fill ups and mileage etc but plan to do this now like others suggest.

I could get 45mpg (indicated) on a run with careful driving in my old Golf 1.6 petrol so i'm thinking this average isn't remarkable so far (but obviously the engine needs to loosen up yet). I travelled from SE London/Kent border to Plymouth and back in the CX-5 and still got an indicated 44mpg average but the journey involved delays both ways (typical for travelling to the West Country in August!)

So, wanting to reassure myself that better mpg figures are actually possible, I reset the fuel economy meter on leaving Fleet services on the return journey. From there to the M25 are roadworks with an average 50mph speed limit. With cruise control set to 50, some 18 miles later. At the junction with the M25, I had an indicated mpg figure of 87.5! (I got a picture as evidence!). On getting home, having travelled a further 55 miles or so round the M25, again using cruise and going no faster than 65, I had an indicated mpg figure of 63.6 (I took a picture of that too!)

OK, so this is in no way scientific or particularly realistic but it's a least given me hope that mpg figures of 50+ should be possible in future, on a run in the right conditions!

Offline tubamanandy

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 11:05:55 pm »
If anyone thinks that the mileage on a CX-5 is poor, I've just got 54.7MPG on a 500 mile run over 2 days with mainly motorway driving and 5 large adults in the car and a full boot. I have a Jan 2015 150BHP manual model.

The MPG was from the trip computer but mines generally very close (checked tank to tank)

REALLY impressed with my CX-5 that has just done 10K miles

Offline Caldean

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure....
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2015, 07:22:56 am »
We've  just got our petrol version and have only done 800 miles. Mainly urban driving at 39mpg and a long trip to Inverness gave 46 mpg. Well pleased so far.... my wife's last car (1.4 Hyundai ix20) only ever averaged 37 when it was meant to do 55!!

Offline brian

• Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
mpg claims
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2015, 07:53:31 am »
Hi iv'e just bought a second hand CX-5  and love the drive but really disappointed with MPG as on a 350 mile round trip I only got about 38 compared to my 08 plate Passat with 163000 on the clock which always gets around 42 also not really sure what's happening with the I-stop as it seemed at first intermittent and now appears to have stopped working altogether

Offline dg70

• Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
Re: mpg claims
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 09:44:31 am »
Hi Brian,

38 mpg does sound low, I get that on long motorway journeys but I have the petrol version. On average I get an indicated 45 mpg which is probably a real world 42-43. Not bad, but not as good as Mazda claim.

There have been a lot of complaints about people not getting near Mazda's claimed mpg on various forums and car mag websites. I think what has happened is Mazda have designed the car to perform well in the lab tests and not really bothered about the real world so if your driving style is some way off the lab style, the figures drop drastically. I must admit when I first got my car the fuel economy was a lot lower and I've altered my driving style considerably to push it up to the figures I get now.

Offline Fangface

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 10:46:20 am »
I-stop only works when the engine meets certain criteria and generally only works after the car has been running for a few minutes in my experience and on occasion doesn't operate even after a reasonable journey and will also turn back on the engine after a period of time - I suspect it has something to do with the engine not having enough pressure to restart automatically.  However, the one thing you do need to do is make sure the car is out of gear and the clutch is not depressed in order for it to work.  For the first week or so it didn't work for me at all but that was because I had a tendency to sit at traffic lights with the car still in gear and the clutch in so I have had to alter my driving style to suit.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 10:46:20 am »