Author Topic: Updates/recall  (Read 11896 times)

Offline cmp999

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Updates/recall
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »
Hi, Just to make any UK Cx5 owner's aware, There is a new update for the sat nav infotainment system and whilst in the dealership they replaced the tailgate struts. Apparently the struts on some vehicles are suffering from corrosion and possible failure, both done FOC on warranty.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Updates/recall
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:38:10 am »
Apparently the struts on some vehicles are suffering from corrosion and possible failure, both done FOC on warranty.

Yes, I posted on this issue a few days ago now here http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=685.0

As an update - my CX5 went in for an oil + filter change this morning (Monday) prior to a long holidays trip. A full service is nowhere near due having only driven some 4.000km since the last one but hey ho, I'm still not convinced that Mazda have got the lid on this oil dilution problem so rather than find myself stranded on the motorway with a caravan hanging off the back I chose to splash out a few of the hard earned cents to have an oil change.
Anyway, the struts that have already been replaced as in my earlier post I've now discovered were on CX3's. A special tool needs to be ordered by the workshop before work can begin on CX5's so I'll book it in once we return from holiday.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:51:42 pm »
Thanks both - I emailed Mazda UK to check requirements for my car and they've emailed back to say: "I can confirm after checking our system I can see there is an active recall on the vehicle for a Lift Gate Damper Concern, I would advise speaking with your Local Mazda Dealership to arrange for this work to be carried out (reference AG014A)

The MZD software update has also been released in the recent month, this can also be updated whilst the vehicle is having the recall carried out.

The dealership can check also if the vehicle in question is eligible for the DPF update."

So I'll contact my dealer. It would be good if they or Mazda were a bit more proactive and told us poor owners about these things.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 02:48:08 pm »

It would be good if they or Mazda were a bit more proactive and told us poor owners about these things.

Agreed. I have their app on my Smartphone although I've yet to discover what purpose it's meant to serve other than as ................um?
One things for certain - nothing ever appears in the notifications panel.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:13:23 pm »
agree re the app, although it is handy to keep track of the elec service record. I can even see the scanned paper service form for my last service via the app.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:13:23 pm »