Author Topic: Liber't Tag for French Toll roads  (Read 12316 times)

steve101

Liber't Tag for French Toll roads
« on: January 23, 2019, 05:12:46 pm »
We're off to Spain in our CX5 next month and I have just received the tags I have ordered for France and Spain/Portugal. The fitting instructions say that it should be fitted on the shaded/mottled area of the windscreen behind the rearview mirror. There isn't room to fit it there.

Has anyone fitted one of these to their CX5?

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Liber't Tag for French Toll roads
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 02:13:20 pm »
Yes I have. If it's the same as mine then it comes in two parts - the receiver itself and the holding bracket. Prior to fitting I read several reviews saying that the adhesive on the back of the holder is akin to Super Glue i.e. once on a right devil to get off.  My workaround was to buy some adhesive backed velco pads (those small squares that you find in DIY stores and advertised for holding mirrors and/or small tools to the wall) putting one piece on the windscreen and the other on the holder. Come travel day, the sender comes out of the envelope and gets attached via the velcro to the other part already on the screen.

On my CX5 the shaded screen area is off centre and off to the right (left hand drive car) whilst a smaller shaded area is more central and it is here that I attach the receiver. I have not experience any difficulties in 4 years of use and although I can't say for sure I have a feeling that the booth scanner actually covers a fairly wide area so fixing exactly to the book isn't the be all and end all.

You'll enjoy sailing through the toll booths whilst other motorists are forming a long line in the other lanes waiting to pay cash. I always use the lanes marked 30 although it makes sense to slow down a touch just in case the barrier fails to open.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

steve101

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 04:12:23 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the info. I've stuck mine straight onto the windscreen where you said yours is but on the right. I've used this type of adhesive pad before, attaching dashcams etc. Saw a video on YouTube where a piece of floss was used to saw the pad away from the glass. I've got some plastic wedges that came with a Brodit Proclip which I can push between the glass and the adhesive pad to release it when needed. It's much easier on a hot day when the glue is soft.

I am a lot more confident about the tag now following your reply, thanks again. First time we have had a tag. Got it via a link from Eurotunnel    https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/      They arrived the day after ordering.

We have been to Spain a few times and going throung the toll booths to collect a ticket or to pay the toll was a pain so the tags will make a nice change.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:18:09 pm »
Just a further point that springs to mind. You tend not to see these Tags fitted to local cars when not actually in use with the reason being (or so I have read) that they are desirable items for those light-fingered members of society who clock up a couple of thousand kilometers on your bill. So my advice would be to remove the Tag from the screen when it's not actually in use and place it in the accompanying bag which also helps prolong the battery life.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

steve101

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:36:21 pm »
Thank you. The Emovis site recommends the same thing. I have bought another 'Faraday pouch' to house both tags which handily are easy to distinguish from each other.

steve101

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 09:07:28 pm »
Back home again after covering over 3,500 miles in the CX5. The car and the tags performed flawlessly. It was so much easier being able to drive through the toll booths at 30kph. I was surprised that so many locals didn't have tags.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 09:07:28 pm »