Technical Section > Accessories

Roof Rails or Bars

<< < (2/2)

George IV:
Was under impression the roof rails would only fit  US/ Asia vehicles or at least that is what i was told by my local dealer  If someone knows different please let me know..

Kevlincoln:

--- Quote from: Preload on January 28, 2021, 07:32:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: Barry on January 28, 2021, 07:26:33 pm ---As I already had a set of thule bars that were the right length, I got the hard points set for the CX-5.
Easy to fit and rock solid.
Did think about roof rails, I also have a set of roof rail attachments for the bars, but could not find any rails to fit a 2016 at the time.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Barry  :)

--- End quote ---
If they were for the 2016 model they will not fit 05/2017 onwards.
I have just changed my 2014 for a 12/2017 model and it does not have the bracket mounting points.
I have seen rails for the CX5 5/2017 onwards on eBay, about £150 I think. Then there is the bars extra. Don't know how solid they are.
Be interested to know as well as always had roof bars as well.

Brian14:
I had a 2015 CX5 changed to a 2018 and now a 2020 the roof bars Mazda type fit all cars. The only difference is the plastic roof strip do not have the removable plastic inserts. They have to be ordered for newer models, but the fixings are still on the cars.

Preload:

--- Quote from: Kevlincoln on March 01, 2021, 02:26:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: Preload on January 28, 2021, 07:32:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: Barry on January 28, 2021, 07:26:33 pm ---As I already had a set of thule bars that were the right length, I got the hard points set for the CX-5.
Easy to fit and rock solid.
Did think about roof rails, I also have a set of roof rail attachments for the bars, but could not find any rails to fit a 2016 at the time.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Barry  :)

--- End quote ---
If they were for the 2016 model they will not fit 05/2017 onwards.
I have just changed my 2014 for a 12/2017 model and it does not have the bracket mounting points.
I have seen rails for the CX5 5/2017 onwards on eBay, about £150 I think. Then there is the bars extra. Don't know how solid they are.
Be interested to know as well as always had roof bars as well.

--- End quote ---

I have seen the £150 copies and wondered if anyone has fitted them

Kevlincoln:
As Brian14 says above, the 2017 onwards models have the mounting points hidden under the trim strips. You can get a replacement pair with slots for about £26 from the dealers.
It's also worth getting some spare slot covers, they are cheaper on Ebay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version