Audio & Visual Section > Visual Modifications

Running board mounting points

(1/2) > >>

Flippersaki:
Can anyone tell me where the mounting points are each side to mount running boards to a 2013 2.2 L diesel AWD. A diagram or pictures would be great.

Mark

Huxie:
Don't know if this helps any:

http://www.germansell24.de/montage/mazda_cx5_hitit.pdf

If you go ahead and fit them, some pictures would be good if you have the opportunity.

twabrigs:
These are the instructions for the Mazda ones I have (no longer available). The thing to watch with aftermarket ones is whether they foul the jacking points. Any that I looked at do this, which would give you a problem with using a jack or if your garage has the 'scissors' type lift rather than the old fashioned long ramps. Hence I sourced the Mazda ones which don't foul these points.

Ant:
twabrigs makes a very good a point. I've been idly looking running board kits on EBay but since I've now ordered the spare wheel kit, I wouldn't want to foul the jacking points. How can you tell if they would? Did you get to look some actually fitted to CX-5s?

Cheers

twabrigs:
I asked one supplier who confirmed they would foul the jacking points. In another case I got hold of the fitting instructions (in one case an online video) and showed them to the local Mazda dealer; they confirmed that they'd would foul the jack points. The only ones that I could find that wouldn't, were the now-discontinued OEM ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version