Author Topic: Oil change  (Read 9895 times)

Offline gazza-a

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Oil change
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:27:25 pm »
My car was serviced at 8000 miles. Now at 16000 is is saying oil change due for the last 1000 miles. Now the oil warning light has come on. Checked the level and all is well. In the book with car it is saying oil could be deteriorated. Can anyone tell me the capacity of oil for the car and whether I should use the 0w 30 or 10w 30. Book is showing both. Do I need a new washer for the plug. Engine is the 2.2 diesel 150 bhp. 2016.

Admin Note :   Please can you correct whichever is wrong, your post or your profile, relating to fuel type, engine size  and year of manufacture. Thank you :)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:13:24 pm by Willpower »
Gary Anderson

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
Re: Oil change
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 01:10:59 am »
My car was serviced at 8000 miles. Now at 16000 is is saying oil change due for the last 1000 miles. Now the oil warning light has come on. Checked the level and all is well. In the book with car it is saying oil could be deteriorated. Can anyone tell me the capacity of oil for the car and whether I should use the 0w 30 or 10w 30. Book is showing both. Do I need a new washer for the plug. Engine is the 2.2 diesel 150 bhp. 2016.

Admin Note :   Please can you correct whichever is wrong, your post or your profile, relating to fuel type, engine size  and year of manufacture. Thank you :)

Your motor is still under warranty so 0W/30 is the correct grade although some do use 5W/30. It MUST be C3 oil.  What often gets overlooked is that the oil data which monitors oil viscosity MUST be reset at every oil change or it could put the oil light warning on. It’s a simple enough process but only main dealers tend to know about it. It should take 5.1 litres but that won’t fill it to the full mark. That is normal so don’t add any more.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline gazza-a

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »
Thanks, got the oil and filter changed and a fuel and engine flush. No warnings or lights on now.
Gary Anderson

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »