Author Topic: Rattle  (Read 48324 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Rattle
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 09:06:29 pm »
They are going to replace 6th,5th gears,hubs,synchros,main shaft & all bearings. Let's hope this rectifys the fault.

I'd have thought in terms of mans hours it would have been more cost effective to have replaced the gearbox as one instead of taking apart the existing and replacing bits here and there. Oh well, their money to spend as they see fit I suppose.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 12:25:52 am »
That's all the TSB requires them to do I'm afraid.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 06:56:26 am »
All i can think is Mazda must get a good discount on labour rates, as in my experience they will have going to a dealer for excessive visits before they change a part. Not to mention loan car costs.

There's no reason why a repaired gearbox can be like new having used them myself a long time ago.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Howard

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 07:53:32 am »
Yes I would of thought a new gearbox would of been the better solution in relation to man hours and having to give me a courtesy car for a week.
If after the repair everything is not perfect I will be selling it,I've had more grief with this car than all my other new cars put together.
H

Offline Howard

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 09:02:55 pm »
Hi,the sarga continues,the car was booked in to have many internal parts changed reference the vibration next Monday.
Just had an email saying they can't now do this repair till September as the technician is ill.
I've had this vibration for over a year now.
I've emailed Mazda Anguleme(France) saying this is unacceptable,suggesting they just fit a new box,and iv asked them to forward my complaint to Mazda.fr
Mazda's service is extremely poor and there's no mechanism allowing costumer to directly speak to them.
I will not be buying another Mazda and I would not recommend them to anyone. The company is just not up to standard.
One really feed up costumer.

Offline Howard

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 05:02:07 pm »
Hi,well the CX-5 has gone in for its gearbox rebuild,it has taken a year to get to this stage. Iv informed them if it's not correct after this repair I will reject the car unless they fit a replacement gearbox.
After a trip back home of 6hrs from Caen last Sunday and most of it motorway I will depose of it rather than go through that experience again, 3hrs with either myself or my wife holding the rattling gear lever!!
Ironically the loan car they have given m is a brand new Mazda 6 estate auto.
They have not given me any idea when the car will be ready.
Watch this space?
Howard

Offline rmvf

• Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 07:32:18 pm »
Glad things are moving forward now Howard, hope it gets resolved swiftly from this point onwards, a year with a fault would absolutely do my head in, with both our cars being manual I would love to know what the exact fault is, going by what they are going to replace reference the TSB mazda must have dealt with this problem elsewhere  in the world Already?

Please keep us all up to date with how it goes, thanks
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline Howard

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 07:53:53 pm »
Hi, Mazda Angouleme have had the car since 8am Tuesday,collected the car today(Friday 3.30).
They have replaced 5th & 6th gears & syncro hubs & cones & all related parts. Initial drive home going faster than normal seems to suggest the fault is fixed. The 5hr to 6hr trip back to Caen in 4 weeks time will be the ultimate test.
Mazda also picked up the €200 paint repair which was done whilst they had the car. Very happy with that. The car had been fully cleaned inside & out.
Just a point of interest the Mazda 6 estate auto(150 BHP diesel) did about 8mpg better on fuel on exactly the same run & similar speeds,which was a surprise as it was a auto. Also the Mazda 6 feels a lot faster on the road.
Howard

Offline rmvf

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »
Thanks for the update Howard, I ran a diesel 6 once and was impressed with its acceleration, please can you update us all when you do your long trip

Offline Howard

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2016, 05:42:45 am »
Hi,well the gear lever rattle has gone,only a minor(very) vibration if you rest your hand on the gear lever at high speed (don't normally touch the gear lever apart from gear change)
Iv done 4 or 5 high speed journeys of about an hour so far. The big test when we drive the 5hrs back to Caen in 2 weeks time as originally when the rattle 1st started a year ago it took over 2hrs of motorway driving before it happened. Fingers crossed.
Mazda Anguleme have sent an Email asking if its fixed.
Howard

Offline rmvf

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2016, 07:42:02 pm »
Glad to hear it Howard, please update after this planned long trip. Lets hope its put to bed:)

Offline Howard

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 08:30:16 am »
Hi, after a 5hr trip to Caen from our house yesterday the dreaded gear lever vibration/rattle is gone.
80% + of the journey was done at 130 km/h as it was on payeage.
I think the time scale and the repeated visits over a 1 year period has influenced my opinion of Mazda as a company...would I buy another car from the garage in Angoulême? Yes I would but it may not be a Mazda, lucky they have multiple franchises which is normal here in France. The garages hands have been tied right from the start,they wanted to fit a new box from day one.
H

Offline rs99

• Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2019, 10:36:56 am »
Hi, I also have a rattle from the gear lever, always going uphill above 120k (I live in France) and it gets worse on long journeys. The Cx5 is a 2.2diesel, 1st started about 12000k and only happens after 300k plus, so iv put up with it, plus very difficult to do demo the rattle to the garage!. Now the car has 24k(15000m) and it's now rattling even on shortish journeys. Looks like a visit to the garage.
Iv had many new cars and if this car has to possibly have a gearbox rebuild I am not impressed.
Is this fault common?. Maybe this car has developed this rattle at a low mileage because here in France I do a lot of long runs.
Think I will also take a video of the rattling lever and the noise. Will be interesting to see how Mazda France deal with it.
Howard

HI Howard. I have the same problem. Was yours fixed free under warranty or did you have to pay please ? Mine is just out of warranty so Im wondering if Im looking at a huge bill as well as the hassle like you had as my dealer aren't aware of it being a known problem. Thanks for your help

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2019, 10:36:56 am »