General Category > Consumer Reviews

CX-5 = big disapointment

<< < (2/3) > >>

twabrigs:
I echo what Deeps said. If you have a 14" height difference between regular drivers I suggest you a list of must-haves and put seat memory on it...for what it's worth the 175ps definitely isn't sluggish (it's no sports car) but for a 2.2D for the size of car it's pretty good.

ColinX-5:
It must be a double echo I agree with both of you .

ROCKETRON:
I have not heard of many people saying the cx5 diesel is sluggish in fact most comment on how good the diesel performance is especially the 175 but also the 150 due to the high torque. Perhaps the OP has a fault with his engine or has unreasonable expectations but not many suv's or 4x4 are nippier than the Mazda. My son has an Evoque and that's not as lively as the Mazda. Perhaps you should get the car checked over by somebody who knows what they should be like, but you should not expect it to be as quick as a Bmw 3 litre in a more streamlined body, although it would be a good match for a 2litre Bmw.

BigAl:
Given that the 330D M Sport is 254 HP (175), 413 lbft torque (210), with a 5.6 sec 0-60 (8.8) and is limited to 155mph, it's not really a fair comparison, is it? (CX5 2.2D 175 figures in brackets.) There isn't a better SUV in the price bracket as far as engine performance goes.

Alan

ROCKETRON:
I think the cx5 torque is higher than that, probably nearer 310lb/ft. Still I agree that a 3 litre Bmw would spoil you for most cars and is not a fair comparison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version