Author Topic: Garmin forever!  (Read 6965 times)

Offline vbl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Garmin forever!
« on: April 09, 2019, 10:27:12 am »
Is anybody else having issues with making sense out of Mazda sat nav? Trying to find specific shopping centre around Leeds, I entered name, followed by Around Here and Search...huge list of shopping centres all over Europe came up - Amsterdam, Berlin, Munchen, Vienna - you name it, it was there. Got my Garmin out, entered same details and within seconds had it on.
Came home, set SD card for an update. When finished put it back into car and went out for a 10 mile test drive. On the way I had some strange instructions; straight road to home but was told to turn left into small town 4 miles away from home address. I ignored it and carried on just to be instructed after couple of miles to trun right into agriculture lane leading straight into the fields which are opposite my home across the river.
Off to Europe on Friday on a 1500 mile each way trip and no faith in Mazda sat nav.

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Re: Garmin forever!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 09:37:15 am »
It is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Points of interest don't seem to exist, and to try and find anything you have to put some parameters in yourself and if your description of something doesn't equate with MZD then nothing will happen. According to mine there only two golf courses in the UK both of which are attached to hotels. Will not find well known attractions etc. If you pay a subscription for "Live" services than you can scroll every webpage it picks up but will include everything around where you are for example hairdressers or slimming world representatives. If you look near your destination you will find similar. The search facility is pretty will non-existent; same applies with their "Live Traffic" utter crap!

I share your pain.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Garmin forever!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 09:37:15 am »