Author Topic: New CX-5 satnav vanished !  (Read 9162 times)

Offline Lordhenry

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Clear Water Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
New CX-5 satnav vanished !
« on: April 27, 2019, 05:16:44 pm »
Just over a month ago I took delivery of a new CX-5 sport nav + (petrol, manual). I love the car (my first Mazda) but I can report a very 3rd. rate experience of the supplying dealership (over 8 niggles, admittedly of an individually minor nature (e.g. over inflated tyes, half empty washer bottle, grubby fingermarks on internal trim, service desk unable to confirm for certain what type of fuses are fitted in the internal fuse-box (pre my getting the car, I wanted to get a couple of appropriate piggy-back fuse holders for a hard-wired dash-cam fitment) etc etc)  but the aggregate effect has been very detrimental to my impression of the competancy of the dealership to carry out satisfactory work on my car in the future.   Not what I expected on spending out a huge chunk of £s from my 'rainy-day' fund !!!).

I've just experienced a new issue with the car today ....... tried to turn the sat-nav on and got a message on screen telling me my car wasn't fitted with a sat-nav, but a Mazda dealer could provide one.  Hello ........ I've purchased a CX-5 sport  NAV  plus !!!    I've searched on-line and found some historic problems in line with that which I have just experienced, but I've searched on this forum and found nothing recent.  Anyone out there encountered this issue with a 2018 / 2019 model please  (If my pensioner eyes have overlooked any recent posts on this topic, my apologies).  It would be good to get a 'heads up' bit of info before I present the issue to the supplying dealership (who, readers will gather,  I have no faith in whatsoever !).   ::)

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Model Grade: SE-L
Re: New CX-5 satnav vanished !
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 11:00:48 pm »
Just over a month ago I took delivery of a new CX-5 sport nav + (petrol, manual). I love the car (my first Mazda) but I can report a very 3rd. rate experience of the supplying dealership (over 8 niggles, admittedly of an individually minor nature (e.g. over inflated tyes, half empty washer bottle, grubby fingermarks on internal trim, service desk unable to confirm for certain what type of fuses are fitted in the internal fuse-box (pre my getting the car, I wanted to get a couple of appropriate piggy-back fuse holders for a hard-wired dash-cam fitment) etc etc)  but the aggregate effect has been very detrimental to my impression of the competancy of the dealership to carry out satisfactory work on my car in the future.   Not what I expected on spending out a huge chunk of £s from my 'rainy-day' fund !!!).

I've just experienced a new issue with the car today ....... tried to turn the sat-nav on and got a message on screen telling me my car wasn't fitted with a sat-nav, but a Mazda dealer could provide one.  Hello ........ I've purchased a CX-5 sport  NAV  plus !!!    I've searched on-line and found some historic problems in line with that which I have just experienced, but I've searched on this forum and found nothing recent.  Anyone out there encountered this issue with a 2018 / 2019 model please  (If my pensioner eyes have overlooked any recent posts on this topic, my apologies).  It would be good to get a 'heads up' bit of info before I present the issue to the supplying dealership (who, readers will gather,  I have no faith in whatsoever !).   ::)
As you've had a bad experience with the dealership are you sure they've actually fitted the Navigation SD card? Alternatively, clean the contacts on the SD card with tape cleaner fluid and cotton buds and re-insert the card. Don't insert or re-insert the card with the ignition on.
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline Lordhenry

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Clear Water Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:40:12 pm »
Jonno21, Thank-you for your prompt and helpful reply.  I should have included in my original post that at the car hand-over to me the salesman did show me how to input addresses into the satnav system (so the facility was working at that time).  My apologies for the omission.

Whilst your post information didn't have the exact answer to my vanshed sat-nav feature, you have, by default, solved the problem.  Whilst I was aware that if I wanted to update the software I'd probably have to download an update onto a memory-card and input that into car's system, what I didn't realize was that the satnav programme itself was on a memory cadr.  Doh !  :-[  When I went to investigate the location of the memory-card slot and found it was in the cubby between the front setas, I discovered that
the card wasn't fully home. A gentle push with a pointed digit and it clicked back into place, and all systems then up and running. (Although the slot is protected by a dust-cover, in my use of the storeage space I must have applied pressure to the cover and caused the card to pop up from it's home position.  I'll be aware of that from now on.

Many many thanks for putting me on the right path.  10/10 for your help Sir.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:04:47 pm »
Take the card out, clean it with kitchen roll and then put it back.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 09:08:45 pm »
Jonno21, Thank-you for your prompt and helpful reply.  I should have included in my original post that at the car hand-over to me the salesman did show me how to input addresses into the satnav system (so the facility was working at that time).  My apologies for the omission.

Whilst your post information didn't have the exact answer to my vanshed sat-nav feature, you have, by default, solved the problem.  Whilst I was aware that if I wanted to update the software I'd probably have to download an update onto a memory-card and input that into car's system, what I didn't realize was that the satnav programme itself was on a memory cadr.  Doh !  :-[  When I went to investigate the location of the memory-card slot and found it was in the cubby between the front setas, I discovered that
the card wasn't fully home. A gentle push with a pointed digit and it clicked back into place, and all systems then up and running. (Although the slot is protected by a dust-cover, in my use of the storeage space I must have applied pressure to the cover and caused the card to pop up from it's home position.  I'll be aware of that from now on.

Many many thanks for putting me on the right path.  10/10 for your help Sir.
I'm pleased you found the solution. Your own post and resolution of the problem could also help others. :) :) :) :) . This is what forums are supposed to do.
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 09:08:45 pm »