Author Topic: Radio and audio settings reseting at random  (Read 22688 times)

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Radio and audio settings reseting at random
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 12:08:50 pm »
How do we get mazda to sort it?
When I go for my service in September I'll ask the dealer to update the infotainment firmware. I read somewhere that the latest EU version is 70.00.110.
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 10:02:38 pm »
thx jono but being a brexiter i would like a british version not a bloated EU update :P
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 08:23:33 am »
thx jono but being a brexiter i would like a british version not a bloated EU update :P
I doubt that Mazda would go to the trouble of providing a firmware update just for the UK, unless they wanted to charge more for their cars in the UK to pass on the cost of developing specific firmware for the UK. Would that make you happy? Of course you could always refuse any further firmware update improvements because it has "EU" in the title thereby cutting your nose off to spite your face.  ;) Can we not bring Brexit into the discussion as I'm sick and tired of it. There must be other news in the world other than Brexit and Trump.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 11:52:11 am »
I think there is a new software patch now.  I can’t be bothered sitting at the dealer for 2 hours and I have to fight my way into Stockport which I detest doing.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 11:03:08 pm »
I think there is a new software patch now.  I can’t be bothered sitting at the dealer for 2 hours and I have to fight my way into Stockport which I detest doing.
I used to get my updates from a certain Mazda 3 forum and successfully updated three times. The poster who provided the updates got tired of trolls disagreeing with the firmware update procedure as laid down officially by Mazda so he quit being helpful which was understandable.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 03:17:28 am »
Hmmm.. I also have the issue with the volume randomly resetting to 0. I rarely use the radio, only when my wife is in the car as I normally use Spotify  (turn that rubbish off will you...). If I go out without my phone the radio always comes on at FM 87.5 rather than the last DAB station listened to. Is due in the dealers in a couple of weeks so will get this checked.

Offline Frangar

• Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 05:58:47 am »

Can you not download yourself from Mazda toolbox? Or is only a dealer download?

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 07:27:32 am »

Hi Frangar

Mazda Toolbox is for the map updates only. The software patch relates to the firmware which runs the infotainment system, much like the operating system for your mobile phone. (Android, Apple IOS etc) Officially it is a dealer download :)

Offline Frangar

• Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 08:48:32 am »

Hi Frangar

Mazda Toolbox is for the map updates only. The software patch relates to the firmware which runs the infotainment system, much like the operating system for your mobile phone. (Android, Apple IOS etc) Officially it is a dealer download :)

Oh that’s a shame. Might have to put up with the glitches a bit longer then! Rather hoped you could sort the infotainment yourself!

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 02:04:45 pm »

Hi Frangar

Oh that’s a shame. Might have to put up with the glitches a bit longer then! Rather hoped you could sort the infotainment yourself!
You can if you follow the instructions to the letter. https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/230249-genuine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now.html
It's not for the faint hearted! I've done it three times and only because I'm used to updating the BIOS, drivers and software on PCs.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:34 pm »

Hi Frangar

You can if you follow the instructions to the letter. https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/230249-genuine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now.html
It's not for the faint hearted! I've done it three times and only because I'm used to updating the BIOS, drivers and software on PCs.

I’d rather take the engine out than mess with software ;-)
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:34 pm »