Author Topic: Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood  (Read 33604 times)

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:08:27 am »
It is early days BUT, Gee has already made her presence felt and is the polar opposite to our last CX5 in that the MPG is higher by 5MPG, the engine has no Cold start-up rattle and the general feel of the whole car is one of upgrades to the cockpit, paintwork and extras to assist your drive ie. lane departure, proximity warning signs in the door mirrors etc.etc. you can choose to use them or not as the case may be.

The addition of Ad-Blu which I am sure some will look at and wonder how to gauge it and how far a tankful of it will last---well tank is 10 litres and accessed via the fuel filler flap where it is situated directly behind the diesel filler cap.

So you can't get it wrong the Ad Blu cap is coloured BLUE a full tank will last 10,700+ miles it has a much smaller filler neck than the diesel filler so you should not get it wrong and put diesel in the Ad Blu and vice versa.

How do you know when it is getting low ? The Ad Blu Icon which is situated in the top left of the instrument binnacle between the Rev Counter and Speedometer will flash up but you will have at least 10% left. Don't ignore it but fill the tank if you are capable enough or take it to your nearest Mazda Garage to have it done for you.

How do you know how much Ad Blu is left in the tank- On the left side steering wheel spoke are two switches, the innermost one you press down in the middle once, from Trip A+extras where it will scroll down on the active driving display to Trip B + extras. Press down again it will scroll to Engine Coolant+extras and once more to the remaining Ad Blu + extras.

It's on page 4-11 in the CX-5 reference booklet but how many who take delivery of a car read the instruction manual :) ? My bet is not many , it get's chucked in a drawer and forgotten about If you literally take all the warnings to heart issued by Mazda you'd never do anything but drive it, and my guess is that there are a fair few out there who like to tinker ;D.

Anyway off to Stoneleigh to compete in a Dog show ;D that is the dog and not me ;D

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
Re: Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 01:33:22 pm »
Interesting. I first came across the newer type filling cap arrangement in the new 2017 CX5 model that I viewed in my local showroom in June of that year (posted elsewhere on the forum). Enquiries made to the sales personnel as to whether or not this was intended for future Ad Blue use drew a shrug of the shoulders with a reply that US models already have this and so may simply be a standard fitting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:32:52 pm by Willpower »
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:25:53 pm »
On the petrol model, inside the filler cap you can see a blank disc shape were the ad blu filler would go if it was a diesel engine
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Clarice

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:31:24 am »
Every start-up has been sweet and clean, no revving up to 1800rpm and associated clatter that followed with our previous CX-5. Ohh the Joy and a more than happy wife.

My suspicious mind indicated to me that there was a major departure by Mazda over the complicated quick warm up procedure of the previous CX-5's with the addition of Ad Blu' I expect this will be denied however.

I would add that those who purchase a new Mazda Diesel of any denomination, Ad Blu has a BLUE Filler cap and small filler neck  and Diesel has a BLACK filler cap and larger filler neck, DO NOT put Ad Blu in the Diesel filler OR Diesel in the Ad Blu, if you do then expect a hefty repair bill because the two are incompatible and will result in your ECU causing a shut down.

Ad Blu was UREA ( Urine ) based and is very corrosive towards paintwork or brightwork if left, it is a clear liquid and NOT BLUE in colour as the name would suggest neither does it 'pong' as you would think.

Finally if you think people can't get it wrong then there are plenty of Transport Managers in Heavy Truck Logistics Companies who can testify to Professional Truck drivers getting it wrong and doing just that, despite the warning notices on the Diesel and Ad Blu Tanks  indicating not to do so.

Considering an average Truck has 450+ litre tanks of diesel that's a lot of fuel going to waste as it cannot be recovered as well as having to drain the entire fuel system to ensure removal completely and the associated costs which are OUCH!!!!

CX-5's hold 56 Litres so that would be £73+ of fuel plus the cost of draining the fuel system which you would bear as Mazda would indicate it was YOUR fault. So be very careful if doing it yourself or leave it to the Mazda Garage Maybe those warning notices were not such a bad idea

Anyway those who are getting the new diesel 'Ad Blu' models, Enjoy as unless you are doing in excess of 11,000 miles a year I suspect it will be a once a year fill up of the Ad Blu Tank.

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 07:35:42 pm »
Hello :)
As I'm expecting my Adblue equipped CX5 in mid October, I would just like to ask how you plan to refill the tank. Will you play it safe and get It from a Mazda dealer or elswhere? (As long it's the correct ISO certification) My local filling station sells it in containers although I can't recall the price at the moment. Even Halfords sell it.
Cheers
Jonno21
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 09:50:15 am »
Hi Jonno,

I am used to the Ad Blu as I use it on HGV's when refilling all levels so to carry out a refill is no problem If you look in the Mazda Handbook their refills have a shut off so that you don't overfill the tank and burst or dislodge a seal which could be problematic.

Ad Blu so long as it comes up to the same specification as Mazda require should be as you say available in most Fuel stations, Halfords etc.etc.

If dispensing using one of the Ad Blu pumps at a Fuel Station they have a sensing valve which shuts off the trigger when the right level is achieved so you should not overfill the system and have an air gap for possible expansion of the fluid.

Doing it by using a 10 litre refill which is the norm at fuel stations I would be very careful not to dispense the complete refill but leave at least a litre back.

Don't be tempted to carry the refill in the car as if it turns over and leaks it will cause a right mess and lastly Ad Blu has a 2 year shelf life before it diminishes.

Hope it answers your query.

Gee

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 08:54:23 pm »
Thanks Gee
A very comprehensive and useful reply thanks.
Was told today my car came in last Thursday. Collecting on 15th October from the Isle of Wight. (long story) :) Chance to spend a week there and see the autumn colours and drive around the winding roads on the mostly excellent road surfaces. Wish my local roads in Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire were as good. See http://www.islandroads.com/

Jonno

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 08:14:50 am »
The nozzles on the adblue pumps at my work have some form of magnet thing which doesn’t allow it to flow until it’s inserted into the appropriate adblue filler neck, which also has a magnet thing.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 06:56:39 am »
Tried out a few of the new toys in Gee over the last week, her nibs was a bit worried that the tyres were possibly causing the CX to 'Tramline' as she found that when moving from left to right the steering became heavy and fought against her returning to the left lane.

Took Gee out for a run and sure enough it felt as though the vehicle did not want to return from right to left without a fight moving from left to right was no problem.

Dawned on me that the lane deviation module had been ticked 'Yes' so we entered the Computer module menu and removed the tick, following this 'Yee haa' No further problem with 'tramlining.

So if you have stiff steering when deviating right to left have a look at your settings in case it is set to 'Yes' in the lane deviation set up.

Having experienced it I can say that if you are driving when tired it will help you from making a direct beeline for the hedge , ditch, Tree on the roadside. HOWEVER having said that don't be dunce and drive when tired anyway, it is merely an aid NOT a lifesaver.

Other than that still enjoying Gee with all the goodies.

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 09:35:36 am »
Please keep your impressions and tips coming :)

Offline Anchorman

• Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 10:57:40 am »
You can set the strength of the lane departure warning so mine are set to minimum but I still have to manually override it after every start if I want it completely off.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Clarice

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 08:35:04 am »
Radar Guided Missile ( Sorry CX-5 )

Took a trundle down the M40 and used the new type Radar Cruise Control, now normally you'd get up to speed and apply the cruise control for that long journey where you are at your chosen speed only to find that you are moving up behind someone slower than you but you can't get by because of the stream of traffic to your offside so you have to cancel the cruise control and slow down before your car takes a close sniff at the others exhaust pipe, after you've done this a number of times you wish that a machine gun with endless ammunition was part of the accessories.

So rather than blitz all other road users ( and some need it ) you decide to drive as per normal, Now with the radar cruise control you don't have that exasperating problem any more as once you set it to your desired speed off you go and if you happen across some slow moving twerp the camera senses the speed of the fore running vehicle and de-accelerates for you, this can be by taking off the accelerator and reducing your speed to theirs or if it comes up too quickly  braking takes place --all without you having to do a thing.

Absolutely amazing to have it in action and makes me think that driverless cars will be amongst us pretty soon, this is a kind of halfway house, but remember it is an AID not a lifesaver, that is down to you but if you have it enjoy the experience.

Offline YX1109

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Model Grade: Sport
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 11:58:56 am »
If driving with the radar Cruise control on dual lane roads if coming upto a slower vehicle in your lane
move over to overtake before the radar reading gets too close. You can see this on the radar screen settings that show on the screen repeater. This prevents it braking for you, when you don't want it too.
In very heavy traffic this can be a problem and you may well be better with it turned off.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 08:20:45 pm »
Totally agree, this was the first time we tried the system out, once you start feeling the braking/de-acceleration coming in because of the slower foremost vehicle, once traffic to your right has bypassed you can manouvre out and attain your setting again as opposed to shutting it all down and starting from square one.
All in all very impressed by the system, my reservation is when the frost comes and settles around the cameras which stop them from functioning but as I said it's an aid and even Mazda state do not rely solely on it.

Offline YX1109

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Model Grade: Sport
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 12:20:21 pm »
On single or dual track roads, even wide ones, Bikes can upset the system. I found out the safe gap that worked to pass cyclists with a non radar car is not  nearly enough to avoid  the system braking . You need to leave a much bigger passing gap if running with radar on. Or turn the radar off.
Re winter frost, the car has headlamp de icer, wonder if that works on the radar repeater as well.?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 12:20:21 pm »