Author Topic: Service intervals  (Read 9582 times)

Offline vbl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Service intervals
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:03 am »
Last August on the way trough Europe at about 9400 miles, my service warning light came on telling me service is due in 600 miles. My book states service is due every 12000 miles or every year, depending on what occurs first. On arriving to the my destination some 1000 miles later I took the car to the local Mazda dealers and had service carried out as I felt that long journey back would bring me to about 12500 so that was not too far off.
Last week at 16173 miles, service notice came on again telling me service is due in 600 miles, making it due at 6800 since last service. Since August I have never made journeys longer than 120 miles in one go, not done off-roading, racing, etc. I contacted Mazda UK and got some nonsense about flexible service intervals depending on driving style (if anything, with age I drive calmer and take greater care of my vehicle), road conditions and journeys undertaken. According to Mazda, it may also be worth taking it to dealer and checking the possible other reason for service light coming on on shorter intervals.
Anyone else has or has had similar issues? Over the years I had Honda CRVs, Nissan Juke, Primera, Mitsubishis, other CX5s and with every one I did thousands of miles up and down Europe with never this sort of nonsense service issues.
Is it me, the car or Mazda UK?

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: Service intervals
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:50:38 pm »
There are settings in the infotainment for reminding you about tyre rotation...and for something else.  Is that 'something else' a servce reminder, and if so, is it this that's giving you the message?

Offline vbl

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 07:28:46 pm »
There are settings in the infotainment for reminding you about tyre rotation...and for something else.  Is that 'something else' a servce reminder, and if so, is it this that's giving you the message?
Tyre rotation was seen and done. This is spanner with "Service due in xxx miles". I switch it off but on turning the engine on it comes up again. Taking it in to dealer on Friday to see what is going on, here is no way I will be having car serviced every 7000 miles.

Offline kiakid2

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:35:41 am »
See: http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=1033.0
(I can only manage 6500 mile between oil change warning illuminations - which is a bit disappointing when the service interval @12000 miles cannot be achieved. Fortunately for me I am only doing 7000 miles per year.
Strange though - I have never been aware of any regeneration taking place!) 

I try not to do short runs as I use my wife’s car for that – so most of my mileage is from long runs and towing a caravan in the summer and I have had two service so far……….Guess there is a link with the regeneration/fuel dilution……….I wonder if anybody has achieved 12000 mile without the service warning illumination coming on??

Offline vbl

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 10:40:05 pm »
Important update
Car in at dealership and it was found that some data has been incorrectly entered (to be honest, never explained where it was entered) but vehicle computer reset, correct info entered into it and it is now displaying correct service, tyre swap and oil change intervals.
Might be worth anyone else with similar issues to get it checked for "incorrect data input"

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 10:40:05 pm »