Technical Section > Exterior Lighting

Dipped beam adjustment

(1/4) > >>

Gus:
Is there any user adjustment on the dipped beam, I seem to be annoying folks, certainly with the amount of flashes I am getting from oncoming vehicles?

Anchorman:

--- Quote from: Gus on November 28, 2019, 09:14:11 pm ---Is there any user adjustment on the dipped beam, I seem to be annoying folks, certainly with the amount of flashes I am getting from oncoming vehicles?

--- End quote ---

There is but you should really need to as they are accurately set. I’ve noticed I get flashed and occasionally when one passes the other way it twinkles really bright but so do Jags and LRs.

There is an adjustment for initial setting and I’ll find it for you next week if you remind me but you’ll reduce the range of full beam of course.

Gus:
High beam can come down, it currently acts like a searchlight for low flying aircraft..... ;D

Jonno21:
Early this year I noticed that i was getting flashed when my headlights were on dipped. I took the car into the dealer for something else and mentioned the flashing incidents. They adjusted the low beam all the way down. Roll on to this Autumn and I noticed that I couldn't see as well ahead on low beams as I used to so I mentioned it again to the same dealer when I took my car in for something else. This time they adjusted them to half way which is what they said they should be ::) Now, I do get flashed sometimes although I think the matter has to be put into perspective when I see the amount of cars with only one headlight working, or one headlight so out of adjustment it shines directly into your eyes. I had to flash an oncoming car the other night as they had no lights on at all, although I did notice afterwards that they had stopped probably working out what to do next. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Jonno21:

--- Quote from: Gus on November 29, 2019, 08:41:47 pm ---High beam can come down, it currently acts like a searchlight for low flying aircraft..... ;D

--- End quote ---
I like the searchlight, very good on unlit country roads. I could never go back to halogen, or tungsten (people of a certain age will remember those, it was like driving by candlelight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version