Author Topic: Well at alast an update on my Rattle to engine  (Read 11043 times)

Offline Spike

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Well at alast an update on my Rattle to engine
« on: May 24, 2015, 04:30:23 pm »
Bought my 2ltr petrol just over 8 weeks now and its been to the dealers twice now trying to find out what the rattle on the engine is.

You start it up from cold or warm(lets say you pull in for fuel so around 5 to 10 mins between stop and start) and after around 20 to 30 seconds you get a rattle from the drivers side of the engine low down, so not cylinder head.
Its more prominant from cold so you start her up and its when the revs drop from initial choke sort of thing the rattle starts, the mechanics have now taken a recording of the noise as they are baffeled by it,   but whats p*****g me off is like the old daqys they would get the car in strip it and sort it now its well computer says nothing and we have to wait for Mazda to tell us what to do.

Anyone else had this rattle???  its not pinking as its from the right of the engine (drivers side) its not compression as been tested its more like oil preasure issued on a certain part.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:19:08 pm by Spike »

Offline Spike

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
Re: Well at alast an update on my Rattle to engine
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:30:49 pm »
Well after many months of trying and heart ache Mazda finally sorted the rattle.
To be honest they did not have a clue, they took my car in first week of June 2015 and I got it back 1 week ago, they did test after test (well as much as a computer would test it) they sent the results throught o Mazda UK then to Mazda europe, the eventually a guy came over to Guernsey to take a listen and he was sending the results to Mazda Japan.  >:(

To this day they still do not know what the rattle was so the stuck in a new engine and sent the old one off to be examined, they think it was the little ends on no 1 cyclinder.

so 1 1/2 weeks before my holidays (road trip round europe) I gets the car back to try and run in, got nearly 400 miles on it at this time and the rest will be done on the motorway, I am old school and beleive metal on metal need to be bed in no matter what the toloerences.

It was getting very heated in the conversations near the end as you can appreciate an engine with 660 miles on it is still in the car after 7 weeks of testing and then they decide a new engine is needed. I was not a happy bunny near the end but Mazda refused to put in a new engine or strip the one I had to find the fault, all because the computer could not tell them anything, technology is great but you cannot beat good old fashoined mechanics, hear a noise strip it to find the fault.

Ah well the new engine feels better and more free running then the origional, its as though the electrics knew there was a problem and would only let it run to what it thought was safe, as it seemed tight and restricted, so the trip of 3500 miles will let me know if the new one is ok.

getting better miles to the gallon too, whilst driving around I am averaging 45mpg and thats in Guernsey

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:05:01 pm »
Glad you eventually got some form of a result. Have a good holiday, I hope all goes well for you :)

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:05:01 pm »