Author Topic: Any ideas?  (Read 10040 times)

Offline vbl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Any ideas?
« on: December 29, 2019, 10:46:20 pm »
Anybody has an idea as to what may be happening to my CX5 - Three times in the last two months I got into the car only to find my seat position completely altered. I have it set quite high and right distance from the pedals for my height. Yesterday morning I get into the car and seat is low down and I can't reach pedals. Car is locked, nothing inside is disturbed. We do live in a very private and secluded cul-de-sac with detached properties not easily observed by next door and only fields in front of us. We have had an absolute onslaught of attempted and some successful break-ins and vehicle thefts in the village in the last few months. I never leave anything of value in the car but most importantly, I have a fairly heavy duty wheel lock on the stirring wheel. The car keys are kept overnight as far away from the car itself as possible inside a Faraday pouch.
 Is it possible that someone is trying to use car unlocking device which may interfere with some electrics but then they find vehicle with stirring locked and sign that there is a tracker fitted, and abandon any further attempts? This is my third CX5 and I have never ever encountered anything similar happening before, not in Mazdas I had nor Honda CRVs before.
Or are my car electrics playing up? Car is only two years old and I would hope it should not have any such problems.

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 10:19:52 am »
Perhaps you're lifting the wrong key?  On some Mazdas the keyfob can set your seat position.  ie you have one key which moves the seat to the position you like when you unlock it, while the other key is set to your partner's liking.  The top spec 6 has this function, not sure about the CX-5.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 11:47:18 am »
That would be my guess also. Sport nav models with keyless entry do have this feature. I've never set it up,but the info is in the manual somewhere.

Alan

Offline ROCKETRON

• Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 05:58:02 pm »
Sounds like you are unlocking it with the other key, or your key is not storing your seat settings and so ot goes to a default setting

Offline vbl

• Transmission: Manual
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 07:43:11 pm »
Keyless entry/exit, not locking or unlocking with anything, just opening the door and getting in or out. Seat pre-set for my use and nobody else ever uses my car. Will continue with trying to solve the mystery

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 10:02:55 am »
Keyless entry/exit, not locking or unlocking with anything, just opening the door and getting in or out. Seat pre-set for my use and nobody else ever uses my car. Will continue with trying to solve the mystery
The keyfob in your pocket still connects to the car to unlock it, so it would still move the seat.
Is one of the seat presets the same as the 'wrong' position you sometimes get?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 10:02:55 am »