Technical Section > Bodywork

Windscreens

(1/2) > >>

BigAl:
Whilst on the subject of shortages (see my posts about tyres), hope no-one needs a new windscreen
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/mazda-cx-5-cracked-windscreen-problem/1217518

I'm wondering if Mazda have some issues in their supply chain. Tyres, windscreens, what's next? Last Jan (2012), my CX5 was off the road for over four weeks after a relatively minor accident. Some helpful soul in a Toyota tried to give me a shove in the snow, but just succeeded in damaging my O/S/R wheel and bumper, and dumping himself in a ditch. The repair work was only a couple of days, the rest of the four+ weeks was waiting for the bumper parts!

rmvf:
yep that was my biggest worry about buying a brand new model, think I might wait a little while over new mazda 3 although apparently 3000 have been shipped over to uk.

BigAl:
Thing is, the first CX5's were in this country in March 2012, so they are hardly a new model? If things like tyres and windscreens are hard to get after two years, what happens if you need a more obscure component?

rmvf:
last year I was told that demand in japan was 8 fold more than expected but the tsunami had a big knock on effect too. I also believe than Mazda didn't have a large volume of cx-5 for launch.

I think im right in saying that cx-5 is only built in japan, maybe one of the forum mods could back me up. what surprised me was the first windscreen didn't fit? maybe cx-7 sent?

twabrigs:
Sadly I will have first-hand experience of windscreen availability very shortly...noticed crack in the centre bottom of the screen last night, by this morning it is 29cm long and has an attractive T-shaped crack spreading horizontally...

Insurance company and autoglass have booked in a week's time to replace at home. Will let you know how that goes.

:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version