Author Topic: Idel problems  (Read 5926 times)

Offline Alfie

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2012
Idel problems
« on: May 08, 2021, 07:08:41 pm »
Hi all first post since joining the forum, so have just joined the club and bought a 2012 Cx5 2.2 AWD auto with 66,000 miles on the clock with a full Mazda service history, have seen by the posts on here already I have got one that falls within the dreaded vin range!
Have had the car back to the non Mazda dealer as I have a problem when I drive anywhere and put the car into park and sit and let the car spool down the engine starts to have an erratic idel and chucks out blue smoke it does this for about 30 seconds and the stops and idles fine after that, it also does the same thing if I am sat in traffic still in drive with my foot on the brake. When in park and it is idling erratically if I move it into drive it will stop doing it but then put it back into park it will do it again for about the same 30 seconds.
The dealer diagnosed it was overfueling so they first did a flush and when that has not worked they took the car back and pulled the injectors out and sent them away to be tested which said one was knackered so went to get them all reconditioned 2 couldn't be reconditioned so they have fitted 2 new injectors from Mazda and the 2 reconditioned ones.
Everything seemed to be fine when I picked up the car but it has started to do the same thing again but not as bad as it did to start with, will the new injectors need time to settle in or is there something else that needs to looked hoping there is something stupid and simple that needs to be done to sort it out as I really like the car but dont want to get stuck with something that's going to get worse.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Idel problems
« on: May 08, 2021, 07:08:41 pm »