Author Topic: Normal mileage for a brand new car  (Read 24878 times)

Offline Southern Teuchter

• Old enough to know better Young enough not to care
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Re: Normal mileage for a brand new car
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 05:17:30 pm »
You could always ask them to zero it i suppose.  8)

Only if they show me how to do it.  ;)
Now: Maxda CX-5 SE-L Lux Nav 150ps 2WD Manual : Soul Red
Prev: Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D XT-R 140ps 4WD Manual : Black

Offline Anchorman

• Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 04:05:31 pm »
My PDI says 9 miles but it had 37 on the clock when I picked it up yesterday...  Should I complain?

They will argue that they had to set up the engine parameters but don't believe a word. My CX-3 had exactly the same 37 miles on it when it cam and 8 miles on the electronic service record.  When I ordered my CX-5, I dug in and said I wanted to see it when it arrived on the transporter. They were very good and let me see it in the compound with surprise surprise, 8 miles on it. When I collected it a couple of days later it had 12 on it which is perfectly acceptable. Now I don't know where your mileage has come from. Was it damaged coming off the transporter or did they use it as a demonstrator?  It wouldn't harm for you to ask as it would be interesting to see what they say. Somebody at the dealer did tell me they are still considered new with 50 miles on but I'd like to know what would happen if you took one away with 8 miles and then went back at 37 and said it wasn't suitable and needed say a people mover.  Would they give you every penny of your money towards the change?  What is the difference between them putting additional miles on and them you doing it?
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Southern Teuchter

• Old enough to know better Young enough not to care
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 04:52:00 pm »
I spoke to the dealer a few days ago and queried it.  Apparently, all the cars in the south are 'staged' at a service depot in Weymouth where the PDI is done and any extras fitted (auto wing mirrors in my case).  He suggested that cars are then driven from there to the dealers.  However, Weymouth to Slough (in my case) is 120 miles so clearly that didn't happen!

I doubt I will ever get the truth - but talk about starting off on a bad foot with a dealership...
Now: Maxda CX-5 SE-L Lux Nav 150ps 2WD Manual : Soul Red
Prev: Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D XT-R 140ps 4WD Manual : Black

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 04:52:00 pm »