Author Topic: What's your petty little niggle...  (Read 59011 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: What's your petty little niggle...
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »
I keep everything I want in favourites.
Such as home location, home phone number, and a list of my favourite radio channels, all selected with the controller near the parking switch.

Same here (except for the home location, which I never set), but mine randomly deleted all my communication favourites a couple of days ago  >:(

Alan

Offline Spacebug

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 02:25:52 pm »
Well after 6 months of ownership (leasership actually) I am moving away from Mazda. I have to say I have loved the car despite the few petty niggles I listed.

The only real mechanical problem I have had is a notchy gear change from 1st to 2nd. I took it to a dealer and they said it was like another brand new one (i.e. deal with it). If I was keeping this car then I would certainly not be settling for that response.

A new job forces a change of car if anyone is wondering..

Skinny wheel track. Fixed by wheel spacers.

I have removed these spacers from the car. Check the for sale page for more info

Offline Southern Teuchter

• Old enough to know better Young enough not to care
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 04:08:39 pm »
My (very minor) niggles with my new 2016 car:

1. Chrome surrounds on the interior side air vents reflect distractingly in the side mirrors on a bright day
2. Sunroof has one-touch to open it but the switch has to be held the whole time to close it. Why?  If it were a safety issue then they'd have the same on the windows you'd think.
3. Can't close the windows or sunroof once you've turned the engine off.  On previous cars, the power is kept on to them for a minute or so, so that you've time to close everything.
4. DRLs turn off when the handbrake is applied.  I guess the assumption is that the car isn't 'running' when the handbrake is on but I often use the handbrake in traffic, etc. and don't really want the lights to go off.  Increasingly so now that I'm using i-Stop.

Don't get me wrong - love the CX-5 so far - just a few foibles...  ;)
Now: Maxda CX-5 SE-L Lux Nav 150ps 2WD Manual : Soul Red
Prev: Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D XT-R 140ps 4WD Manual : Black

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 09:53:43 am »
4. DRLs turn off when the handbrake is applied.  I guess the assumption is that the car isn't 'running' when the handbrake is on but I often use the handbrake in traffic, etc. and don't really want the lights to go off.  Increasingly so now that I'm using i-Stop

Well, the R in DRL is "running", which apparently is defined as moving under construction and use regulations. Hence they turn of when the handbrake is on. pretty sure that's standards for all cars with DRL's. Only option is to use the foot-brake instead.

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 09:53:43 am »