Author Topic: Fuel consumption  (Read 269703 times)

Offline ARnovice

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Fuel consumption
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2019, 10:21:22 am »
More driving and more calculations.

Mixed driving (50% town. 50% motorway) gives results in around 36-37mpg (brink to bring calculations)
Motorway driving results in 41-42mpg

Tip computer always gives a difference of around +2mpg comparing to bring to brink calculations.

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2020, 08:12:20 am »
I haven’t posted for quite a while as I am so pleased with ‘Bussy’ a 2 WD Auto CX5, with Diesel engine, as it is the first auto we have had I am mightily impressed with the fuel consumption in the 15000+ miles she has done .
Average is 52 mpg with occasional foray into the low 60’s on long runs, this I put down to years of driving experience and a multitude of courses I made during my professional career which further assisted this end.
I do not try the manufacturers 0-60 times when accelerating nor do I carry out ‘traffic light’ Grand Prix stop starts, I occasionally give her nibs a full boost but only when warmed up fully and just enough to clear her throat.
Many who post on here need to look at their driving habits and re-adjust them, seen too many failed F1 stars behind the wheel on the roads who drive fast and use fuel faster.
Anyone who’d like to take me up on the point, please feel free to do so.
Happy driving.

Offline Mary Hinge

• s**t happens
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:56 am »
I haven’t posted for quite a while as I am so pleased with ‘Bussy’ a 2 WD Auto CX5, with Diesel engine, as it is the first auto we have had I am mightily impressed with the fuel consumption in the 15000+ miles she has done .
Average is 52 mpg with occasional foray into the low 60’s on long runs, this I put down to years of driving experience and a multitude of courses I made during my professional career which further assisted this end.
I do not try the manufacturers 0-60 times when accelerating nor do I carry out ‘traffic light’ Grand Prix stop starts, I occasionally give her nibs a full boost but only when warmed up fully and just enough to clear her throat.
Many who post on here need to look at their driving habits and re-adjust them, seen too many failed F1 stars behind the wheel on the roads who drive fast and use fuel faster.
Anyone who’d like to take me up on the point, please feel free to do so.
Happy driving.
It's hard to imagine how life could get anymore exciting than that  :P

Offline Preload

• Just checked my pulse Yep I'm still a live :-)
  • Colour: Titanium Flash Metallic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2021, 03:49:47 pm »
Around town driving I'm averaging 36mpg but's getting better every time I fill up.

I have noticed 40mph in 4th the average real time mpg reading is in the high 50's.
Motorcycles are my favourite form of transport but CX-5 is smooth.
GT Sport Nav +
2L

Offline Preload

« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2021, 07:28:46 pm »
Update. While on along run on single carriageway A & B roads I zeroed the trip and managed 45mpg.  Not too shabby
GT Sport Nav +
2L

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2021, 01:54:42 pm »
I have reported several times already on my terrible fuel consumption.
My mileage is very low which obviously doesn't help.

I recently met a lady with a 2018 CX5 with as near as possible the same spec as mine. Sport AWD diesel.
Her average over 33,000 miles was 48.5.
Mine over 16,000 miles is 36.1.indicated (actual 35.6)

This is mostly driving on the same roads so should be somewhere near the same.
I have checked many times and on a flat road at 40 mph i can get 50-60 mpg but no more. The slightest hill drops into the 20s.

Incidentally the original Toyo tyres started cracking up after 5 years so had to be replaced.

Offline Preload

« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2021, 09:40:12 am »
I have reported several times already on my terrible fuel consumption.
My mileage is very low which obviously doesn't help.

I recently met a lady with a 2018 CX5 with as near as possible the same spec as mine. Sport AWD diesel.
Her average over 33,000 miles was 48.5.
Mine over 16,000 miles is 36.1.indicated (actual 35.6)

This is mostly driving on the same roads so should be somewhere near the same.
I have checked many times and on a flat road at 40 mph i can get 50-60 mpg but no more. The slightest hill drops into the 20s.

48mpg is good for an AWD 2.2.  Mazda only claim low 40's for an all AWD 2.2 and it's computer predicted not real world figures so it will be less.  They claim 41mpg urban for my 2.0L 2WD on average around town I get 38ish on a run I can manage 45.  I agree when a hill appears the mpg goes through the floor I find the gearing slightly high so it kills my average mpg.  I also find the radar doesn't help.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 09:03:45 am by Preload »
GT Sport Nav +
2L

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2021, 09:31:06 pm »
My 21 plate  Gt petrol auto 2.5 AWD only does 28 mpg but i am only doing short 6 mile journeys at moment also heavy on the pedal but i still love my car, so much so i have now bought it out of its pcp agreement so its all mine now ;D
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Steve

« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2022, 09:52:36 pm »
Hi all.

I will be picking up my new 2.5 GT sport 1st of June and am interested in what others are getting to the gallon and under what conditions. I have not seen many posts regarding this spec.

I know we all drive different so values differ but the more people who respond the better to work out the average MPG will be appreciated.

Also, if anyone is using the CX5 2.5 for towing I would be interested in your opinions including the Mpg.

My profile shows a 2021 model as there is no way to show a 2022. can this be rectified?

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 10:01:26 pm by Steve »

Offline sodit71

• Darwin Awards Think of them as Evolution In Action
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: Sport
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2023, 04:00:44 pm »
Well our Cx-5 is returning somewhat poor (to my mind) mpg but it seems to be slowly getting better, we were only getting about 25 / 27 mpg which just recently has improved to around 30 mpg this is mostly around town so I suppose is not to bad for its size these a real figures not from the computer. There are only 1450 miles on the clock so it will be interesting how things change with more mileage.
Petrol consumption aside it is a much improved vehicle compared to our 2014 sport nav (2.2 175bhp diesel) except the 6 speed auto box doesn't really suit the petrol engine, the gearbox  performed much better with the diesel due to its low down torque, the petrol engine has none of that torque at low revs (nature of the beast really).  It feels like the gearbox could do with two more gears as the gaps between ratios seem to big.   
????????????????

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2023, 04:00:44 pm »