Author Topic: 2015 Facelift  (Read 18132 times)

Offline KirkSi

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
2015 Facelift
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:25:20 pm »
First post here so I'll briefly introduce myself. I'm currently the owner of Mazda 3 Sport 2.2D 185bhp Saloon and am pretty much nailed on to get a CX-5 some time in the new year. I saw that the CX-5 was going to get a facelift and have decided to hold out for that. The new facelift model was revealed at the LA Motor Show yesterday and there's a brief article and a lot of pictures here:

http://www.inautonews.com/l-a-auto-show-2016-mazda-cx-5#.VG3MHqWGoQA

Externally there seem to be very few changes. I think I personally preferred the front grill on the current CX-5, but I like the LED lights and the new front fog surrounds. The interior seems to be where the major changes are happening, along with the tech. Not sure about an electronic parking break, I've never used one. It'll free up some space in the centre console but more electric things mean more things to break  ::)

I want to get the AWD in a diesel which means I have to get the 2.2D 175 Sport Nav currently, so I'm assuming this will stay the same. It seems the new facelift is getting things like radar cruise control and lane departure tech. Not sure whether this will all be standard on the Sport Nav, but hopefully it will. I am glad that it's getting the new Mazda Connect infotainment system as it seems to get good reviews in the 3 and the 6. Doesn't look like it'll get the heads up display, but if it's going to miss something then that's a minor one for me.

I read another article that said it's going on sale in America and Japan in January 2015 and will be rolled out to other markets after. I really hope it rolls out in Q1 as I wanted to get it ordered by April. My 3 needs its MOT in June so really wanted to change it by then rather than pay to get it through another MOT.

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: 2015 Facelift
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »
Interesting. The fact that it isn't very different in appearance from the first model would seem to vindicate the fact that they got it pretty much right originally. I'm not a huge fan of the electronic parking brakes myself, but that's probably because of the manual in my colleagues Toyota Avensis helpfully stating that it was not guaranteed to operate at -5C or below... I have heard of a few people having issues with them - as with anything safety related, simpler is better in my mind so what's wrong with a ratchet lever and a length of steel cable anyway. Now, if only the new model lives up to the fuel consumption hype of the original, I might be interested in having another one.

Alan

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »
Guessed this would happen after 3 years as CX-3 should be out next year too, like the looks, I hate the electronic park brake and that will be in nail in my mazda coffin, I really do think that they are distraction and along with stop start makes anticipation at junctions a nightmare. radar cruise I wish I had that im my 3 just now, head up display would be a benefit to all sport nav models on all the mazda range as it shows lane departures and turns on roundabouts when a destination is set up on satnav.
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline KirkSi

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »
Interesting, I'll bear the info about the electronic parking break in mind so thanks for that. I was always taught by my Dad not to put the hand break on when on the flat, but to leave it in gear instead, so I only ever use the hand break when parking on an incline and even then I'll also leave it in gear.

Not sure about the heads up display now. I've read a couple of articles that have mentioned it and a few that haven't, so don't know if we're getting it or not. Seems the models on the floor at the LA motor show don't have the electrics on, so none of the newsies can have a play with the infotainment system or tell us whether it's got the heads up or not. Also specs can very from country to country.

Offline KirkSi

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:06 pm »
Looks like the new facelift has finally gone live in the UK. The main Mazda UK website now has the new vehicle details. My local dealer rang me to say they'd got them in stock if I wanted to test drive one, so will try and set that up asap. I'm currently thinking of getting the Sport Nav 2.2D AWD in reflex blue. Just need to see if they're willing to budge on price, I've got no intention of buying at full RRP!

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »

Just need to see if they're willing to budge on price,  I've got no intention of buying at full RRP!

Good luck with that.   :)

Offline KirkSi

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 08:59:45 pm »

Just need to see if they're willing to budge on price,  I've got no intention of buying at full RRP!

Good luck with that.   :)
Got some quotes through CarWow and a dealer in Wolverhamptom was giving me £2100 off list price (7.1%) and it was definitely the new facelift version. In the end I've decided to sell my Mazda 3 privately and buy from UKCarDiscount (who I bought the 3 from). They've got the spec I want (Sport Nav 2.2D manual AWD) for £3400 off list which is over 10%. Going to put my order in on Tuesday when they're back from Easter  ;D

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 08:59:45 pm »