Author Topic: CX5 SEL Nav Petrol  (Read 11065 times)

Offline CX5Driver

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
CX5 SEL Nav Petrol
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:32 am »
Hi all. Just joined the forum after the purchase of my Petrol 2014 SEL Nav. 18K on the clock, first 100 mile+ drive over the weekend, half motorway, half town, 36mpg. Any other non Sport version CX5 owners out there? A few queries from the experienced owners if I may? I've read some articles regarding the quality of paint used on Mazdas particularly regarding susceptibility to stone chips, any experience? Experience of 17" wheels compared to 19" wheels? Any suggestions for good fitting driver seat cover? Many thanks!

Offline howardsathome

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2013
Re: CX5 SEL Nav Petrol
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:40:55 pm »
Welcome to the Forum CX-5 Driver. 17'' wheels/tyres make a lot more sense. Better ride generally and greater range of choices plus cheaper to replace! My mileage run now is 40,000 on original Yokohama Geolandar, 70% Motorway. Tyre position moved Front to Rear at 24,000 miles and still over 3mm all round now. Probably will replace all round at MOT in July.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:08:02 pm »
I've only ever had CX5's with 19in wheels with both OE Toyos and now Michelin Latitudes fitted. General consensus is that the 19in makes for a slightly harder ride, but I don't find it detrimental in any way. the Michelins are an improvement on the Toyos, especially in the wet. The 19 in tyres were hard to get back in 2012 when the CX5 first appeared, but there's quite a few different types available now.

I think the question about paint could be applied to any marque of car these days, so the Mazda is no better or worse in my opinion. However all cars are worse that 20 years ago when they were still allowed to use solvent based paints.

Does anyone use car seat covers anymore, other than those with really dirty jobs and mechanics though...?

Alan

Offline CX5Driver

• Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 07:45:25 am »
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. As the petrol variant is 2WD only I was considering buying a second set of alloys with winter tyres. Was thinking should I go 19" or keep to 17". Must admit from what I've read the 19" alloys appear to add little to performance but are perceived to look better? Would anyone know if these would fit a 2014 SEL - https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/kb8m-v3-810tg-mazda-cx-5-alloy-wheel-17/ ? On a slight tangent my CX5 doesn't have an owners manual so the only version I have is electronic on PDF. As I purchased from a main dealer should I have been supplied with a physical copy? Regarding car seat covers, as I partake in a few muddy pursuits thought it might be wise to protect the cloth seats, at least the drivers. Any thoughts on the quality of the cloth interior of the SEL and ease of cleaning?

Offline howardsathome

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 02:49:13 pm »
17'' Winter tyres should be cheaper, taller and with a narrower contact patch, so better for winter conditions.
On your other concern the cloth upholstery does seem to be quite hard wearing, but in your case perhaps covers could be worthwhile.

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 05:27:44 pm »
I swapped the 19’s on mine to 17’s for a softer ride.  Fuel economy and road noise stayed the same, the steering got a bit heavier, the handling got slightly sloppier... but it soaks up bumps quite a bit better.

Offline boborob

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 11:22:36 pm »
I lowered my 19's from 36psi to 33 it makes for a softer ride.

Offline howardsathome

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 05:43:06 pm »
May not be a good idea if you have a load on or Maximum speed on Motorways.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 05:43:06 pm »