Author Topic: Paint colour coding  (Read 13921 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Paint colour coding
« on: August 12, 2016, 03:29:11 pm »
Only just discovered that there isn't a plate fixed to my CX-5 anywhere or even a sticker in the front of the handbook (as has been the case with all previous VW's) to give an indication of the paint code. Looking in the vehicle registration document didn't help either where it simply stated 'white' - again different to all other vehicles owned.

This came about following an inquiry from a paint shop technician who will be spraying the extension arms/mirror backs for my newly ordered caravan extension mirrors. It took a phone call to Mazda HQ in order to discover that my Pearl White paint shop has a code of 34K. Useful to know should I require a touch-up stick sometime in the future.

Is this a peculiarity only to us or is it the same in the UK?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:10:32 pm by Deeps »
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
Re: Paint colour coding
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 04:19:19 pm »

You should have a plate on the inside door jamb and another one on the firewall in the engine compartment. Lastly there should also be a sticker on the inside of the door mirror covers.

Also Crystal White Pearlescent  is 34K  not  43K

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

You should have a plate on the inside door jamb and another one on the firewall in the engine compartment. Lastly there should also be a sticker on the inside of the door mirror covers.

Also Crystal White Pearlescent  is 34K  not  43K

Yes, typing error. Code now corrected thanks.

And no, there is no plate to be found on the Firewall which in itself is hard to see for the most part as the Diesel engine fills up most of the compartment front to back. Additionally, no stickers on the 'B' post relating to anything other than tyre pressures and as concerns 'inside of the door mirror covers' I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Does one have to take the thing apart to see inside the cover lol?
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:26 pm »
Only just discovered that there isn't a plate fixed to my CX-5 anywhere or even a sticker in the front of the handbook (as has been the case with all previous VW's) to give an indication of the paint code. Looking in the vehicle registration document didn't help either where it simply stated 'white' - again different to all other vehicles owned.

This came about following an inquiry from a paint shop technician who will be spraying the extension arms/mirror backs for my newly ordered caravan extension mirrors. It took a phone call to Mazda HQ in order to discover that my Pearl White paint shop has a code of 34K. Useful to know should I require a touch-up stick sometime in the future.

Is this a peculiarity only to us or is it the same in the UK?

I always buy a touch up kit with a new car, usually in with the deal, as my last deal was so good i forgot to ask for one, it cost around £5 and gives the colour or code usually on the container.

All i did was give the parts dept my car colour.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:52:11 pm by xtrailman »
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »
I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Does one have to take the thing apart to see inside the cover lol?

Yep.  If you pop off the front mirror cover, there should be a paint code on a sticker inside the cover.   However I'm not sure I would be brave enough to attempt that.  :D ;)

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »