Author Topic: warm up time  (Read 7964 times)

Offline misfire85

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
warm up time
« on: May 02, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »
Has any one got any information on warm up time for a CX5 175D  as mine is fine for the first few miles when cold the heater begins to work then where we live the road then goes down hill for about 5 miles and the throttle is not touched , by the time I get to the bottom the heater is almost blowing cold . I have changed the thermostat and put a scanner on the data stream and yes the temperature gets to 60 deg then on the down hill bit is drops to 40 , after that it drives normally and warms up and every thing is fine , 

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: warm up time
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:20:04 pm »
Probably it heats up quick, then the thermostat opens just at the point where your engine stops creating a lot of heat, thus it cools down a bit as it circulates.  Perhaps try engaging a lower gear during your downhill stretch to keep the revs up a bit, thus creating heat?

Offline misfire85

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:39:00 pm »
thanks what I have done as a 'winter fix' is to do the old fashion thing of a bit of rad blanking on for the short journeys . which I also monitored using the obd  and the car does not show any form of over heating and the warm up in my case is much quicker. then again where I drive we never have any traffic jams !

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:39:00 pm »