Author Topic: My Brand New Three Cylinder thrashing machine  (Read 60767 times)

Offline CX-Fiver

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: My Brand New Three Cylinder thrashing machine
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2018, 09:24:51 pm »
Clarice

You say "Although the vehicle is one of the very best I have driven and sat in I am afraid this particular one is a lemon in respect of the lousy engine which still starts with bangs and rattles NO modern vehicle should have.

THIS is my ONLY contention, which Mazda refuse to deal with because it comes under the 'TOO DIFFICULT TO DO' Banner".

Halle-flippin-lujah!!! I can't (and won't) speak for anyone else who's following your genuinely and obviously painful experience - it's not on and you have my sympathy. What you say above is a far more rounded, considered and even take on what's happened. I can understand your frustration leading to anger but coming onto a Mazda forum - used, by and large, by Mazda fans - and slagging off everything they've ever done, isn't going to foster huge support. That said, you really have had a lot of sympathy from many and quite right too.

I hope you exchange Clarice soon and replace it with an entirely perfect motor asap. If you don't return to Mazda ever again then fair enough - I think I'd be probably be of the same mind. However, as I've said before - and you've repeated - I've had several faultless Mazdas, so I'll keep buying them. It's a bloody shame that these things occasionally happen and it was you in this instance.

Good luck with your replacement motor - I hope it's spot on. And not German.  ;)

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:45:27 pm by CX-Fiver »

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2018, 01:58:06 pm »
CX-Fiver,

I have NOT slagged off everything Mazda have done but pointed out that certain of their engines have not stood the test of time, Rotary's in the 1970's being one of them and that is from personal experience. Have YOU ever stripped down a Rotary engine  because it has knackered it's seals in 20,000 miles or less ?. It led to Mazda almost going bankrupt when the Oil Crisis hit and they required a bailout from FORD to stave off Bankruptcy which was not the first time the company have faced that situation.

My estimation is NO. but at least back then Mazda did honour it's warranty and dealt with the problem by replacement of the parts which were found to be defective, unlike today where they will NOT deal with the defective engine in our CX-5 for which we have paid a large amount of money and have no satisfaction with this particular part... THE ENGINE which I could not have made plain enough from the start..

No matter what anyone else states or thinks on this forum  WE are the one's who do have this lemon, which Mazda, despite ALL the evidence we have provided points to a problem that exists have failed to deal with it to OUR satisfaction and in that vein makes me consider that all Mazda want is your money and to hell with you if their is a problem with their product.

Having been in the Motor Trade, I am very sceptical about ANY of the Manufacturers ( Not just Mazda, except that a person who has been in the Motor Trade business longer than me and dealt with all the Major producers of vehicles indicated that under warranty Mazda are one of the worst to deal with ) lead me to start this thread. If this upsets you or anyone else that I choose this forum to make my annoyance felt then as far as I am concerned ....TOUGH.

I felt that as soon as this engine problem occurred it would NOT be dealt with efficiently or expediently by Mazda and at least I would be able to provide evidence that I was not being dealt with correctly as per agreement, should I need to take this farther which i ultimately will then i am perfectly happy to do so. i will not let ANY person or Company kick me in the teeth and accept it especially in this day and age.

I understand that many Mazda CX-5 owners are perfectly happy with their vehicles as they are starting up from cold without any of the 3 cylinder and heavy knocking WE experience, My angst is with Mazda for failure to do ANYTHING about OUR vehicle which does exhibit this trait for which we paid a large amount of money. If you Anchorman or anyone else who post on this forum cannot understand that, and are unhappy with me for putting this into typescript, consider that when i go before any Ombudsman I have evidence of the poor experience i have had at the Hands of Mazda as a Company who I consider have failed me as a customer from the moment this problem raised it's head.

If there was no problem I would have been praising the CX-5 ( which I have )and Mazda for ti's product, it is not the first vehicle from this company that I have purchased ( 5 in total ) but it is the most expensive AND the most problematic we have had to endure, it is not on in this day and age so as far as I am concerned the issue NEEDS to be confronted and dealt with properly.

If Mazda wish to push this to the Motor Ombudsman then I am only too happy to take it that far such is my dissatisfaction with this particular CX-5 Engine problem which they fail to acknowledge despite ALL the evidence to the contrary has made me dig my heels in.

Offline CX-Fiver

• Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2018, 11:49:47 am »
Wow, just wow.

I can't even bothered to point out the numerous contradictions between what you say in your shouty rant and your previous diatribes. Wow....

Offline twabrigs

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2018, 09:34:06 am »
I'm done here.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2018, 10:03:45 am »
So am I , Clarice will be gone in the next month that's for sure cannot say too much at this time butwill update later.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2018, 10:26:06 am »
I'm done here.
What Contradictions ?
My gripe has been with THIS engine and nothing else it has been the focal point I have made and consistently done so throughout this posting.

The fact that I have past experience in the Motor Trade and you have not ( I do look at other postings on the site by you and others ) puts me in a position whereby I can and do question what is going on.

Should that upset you or anyone else on this CX-5 forum well that is a problem for you and not me.

I have never ranted or shouted about any problem that has come my way but highlighted what has caused me annoyance and nothing else, the written word has no verifiable emphasis which the spoken word has when you are face to face with someone.

As you do not know me personally I would say just this, meet me wherever you want and you will find out that I am rational and will see anything from numerous angles, i am forthright which may make me seem aggressive, this is not me .

As far as I am concerned everyone has their point of view and is entitled to do so, if it is the polar opposite to your own it does not make me a bad person just someone who is prepared to defend what that say and do.

In that vein I am that person

Offline Clarice

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2018, 10:27:20 am »
Apologies TWA this last post was for CX-Fiver

Offline Clarice

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
Clarice will be gone by Tuesday of next week, Goodbye and good riddance.

What is the replacement ? Well surprise. surprise. another Mazda CX-5. This time with the Ad-Blu as an extra Why you may ask have we gone for exactly the same model in all aspects except for the ad blu.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen it is down to Floyd at Lodge Garage. Kingswood, Aylesbury and very little to do with Mazda UK, although Mazda have helped to a small degree, it is Floyd at Lodge who I suspect has taken somewhat of a hit over this vehicle that we have carried on with the marque and is prepared to take this troublesome CX5 Back.

There are those of you out there in Mazdaworld who have looked on and wondered about the outcome, i can say that I love the new CX-5 and have always done so, it is merely the cold start rattle which has made me cold towards the vehicle  and nothing more.

Hopefully this new CX-5 will be a much better bet than Clarice and will restore my faith in Mazda as a maker of vehicles and i will continue to make them a vehicle of choice in the future but if and only if Mazda make reparations towards Floyd at Lodge for his faith in us as customers.

To all those of you who have CX5's and are happy with them long may this continue. i will be happy to admire the vehicle as long as it carries on to be trouble free. Any of you who have been upset by my viewpoints will have to live with that |as I make no apologies for my viewpoints

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2018, 09:43:38 am »
It will be interesting to hear your experiences relating to Adblue as I will be collecting my new CX5 mid October which will also be using Adblue. Unfortunately it is yet another thing to keep an eye on.
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2018, 01:21:26 pm »
I know that there are many on this site who believe i have gone overboard regarding Clarice being such a nightmare but only in respect of the cold start banging and clanging of the engine. However my wife and I have bitten the bullet ONLY because Floyd at Lodge Garage. Kingswood, Aylesbury has made it a consideration as long standing customers. I fully respect him for that, Mazda UK have i think begrudgingly made a token gesture over this whole issue.
We have been owners of 5 Mazda's in total and only Clarice has proved to be problematic all the others have been faultless. i will of course seek to prove that the following CX-5 is up to scratch and will report any positive/negative aspects as they occur.
 The CX-5 is a vehicle that we both love for it's build quality and the interior layout which I have nothing but praise. The addition of ad blu i do find surprising given that Mazda have claimed the Skyactiv engineering has surpassed the euro emissions 6 directive since it's inception of 2013.
That said, i will see how our latest Mazda CX-5 performs before I place any further information either good or bad on this site. I will not lie but will give a true and accurate account of how things are regarding this latest Mazda model.

Offline twabrigs

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2018, 02:52:13 pm »
Best of luck with it, honestly

:)

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:35 pm »
will you now change your tag name to the new name of your next car or will you call it Clarise 2
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Clarice

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:19 am »
Best of luck with it, honestly
Thanks TWA :)

Dunhill

Guess what ? -----NO.

The new CX-5 has a definate name change as we don't want a reminder of the past hassle.

Envious of your place of living as I know it well and have visited many times in the past and still do,  being from Gloucestershire originally but the other side of the Severn I always refer to it as Gods' County.

I am sure others on the forum will of course refer to their own Home County in the same vein as I do mine.

Edit :  Sorted out your quotes for you  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:02:06 am by Willpower »

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2018, 03:04:25 pm »

being from Gloucestershire originally but the other side of the Severn I always refer to it as Gods' County.

And there was me thinking that you were an educated person.  ;) Ask any true English person where God's country is and they will tell you 'Yorkshire'. Oh, and I'm originally from that other place defined by a red rose so shouldn't really be admitting to acknowledging that Yorkshire even exists LOL.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline twabrigs

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2018, 10:41:42 pm »
Sorry guys, it's well documented that God when He walked the Earth resided north of the border.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2018, 10:41:42 pm »