Author Topic: An odd one - part 2  (Read 14591 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
An odd one - part 2
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:43:03 pm »
Driving round deepest, darkest Camberley yesterday afternoon. Pulling up to a junction the car dies on me totally - just as the lights go green >:(. It happened again later that day and again this morning. In each case, it happened at low speed and I had a SCBS inspection and stability control warning. In each case, it was sorted by powering everything off and restarting the car. This is very similar to what happened before, but this time, there's been no obvious change to the way in runs after "resetting".

Went straight to Mazda assist rather than dealer this time, had an RAC engineer at the office within an hour, Error code U0401 present - Invalid data received from ECM. He suspects that the vehicles speed sensor is faulty, causing the iStop to activate (although dropping the clutch doesn't restart it). Now booked into dealer for a check on Friday.

Will update when I know more, but I still find it strange that the "SCBS inspection required"warning seems to appear whatever the fault is!

Alan

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
Re: An odd one - part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:58:24 pm »
Odd indeed, don't envy you that.

Meantime I guess you could manually switch off iStop every journey and see if that prevents it until Friday.

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »
Well, after the above, it also came up with "engine inspection required" as well. No obvious changes to the way it was running, though. Dealer has just phoned to say that it's been checked and needed a software update (probably running Windows 8  ::)) according to a technical bulletin. Will pick it up later with fingers crossed...

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »