Author Topic: Setting the Clock  (Read 15890 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Setting the Clock
« on: November 02, 2015, 02:02:28 pm »
I'm having some difficulty in getting the OBD clock to remain at the set time once set.

I do not have a TomTom Navi so assume that I also don't have a WiFi or GPS connection although the top right of the display indicates the standard WiFi symbol. In addition, even if my CX-5 does enable a WiFi and/or GPS signal I certainly haven't found anything in 'Settings' by way of turning it on or off etc.

There is a GPS box that I am able to place a check mark in the box (or uncheck) as necessary. However, enabling or disabling this GPS option doesn't make the slightest bit of difference and once I have set a time on the OBD clock it springs forward an hour the next time the car is started up. The summer/winter time option I have of course placed a tick in the box.

The only way I seem to be able to get the OBD clock to display the correct time - and remain displaying the correct time - is to set it manually with all other options unchecked. Has anyone else discovered anything along these lines with their cars clock?
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
Re: Setting the Clock
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 03:19:53 pm »
That's very odd? I thought that the clock setting was provided by the RDS element of the radio? Mine switched between BST and GMT without any issues or me having to change anything?

Alan

Offline Deeps

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:22:19 pm »
Ah yes, Alan, but you've got the Sports Nav model so I'm guessing the time in yours is being automatically updated via the GPS signal as most navs are. I opted out of having the Nav and so I'm now beginning to think that the WiFi symbol that I see to the right of the screen is just standard and also because I have no Nav, that the summer/winter time button also serves no purpose and that I need to change the clock time manually. Oh well, thank goodness it's only twice a year. Come to think of it, my old Touran didn't have a Navi either and I also had to change the time with that manually.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 04:39:09 pm »
My 2013 car gave an audible message through the speakers to say the time had automatically been up dated.
But I still had to manually alter that awful clock on the dash.

I'm looking forward to getting the time and phone status back on the nav screen as per my 2009 xtrail, which was a much better nav with a 7" screen.

I don't think the screen time is connected to the nav, or the wifi which comes from a paired phone, or is the wifi signal indicator for something else?

I was also told when I ordered the new car due that all models have nav.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:03:33 pm »
I'd assumed it was the RDS system as I've had cars with FM/RDS before that didn't have DAB or satnav which set themselves automatically. Having said that, my wife has just reminded me that her Jeep hasn't reset automatically and that has FM/RDS and DAB, but no satnav so you are probably right.

Alan

Offline Deeps

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 06:52:52 am »

I was also told when I ordered the new car due that all models have nav.

Having taken a look at the Mazda UK website, yes, that would indeed appear to be the case with the 3 model ranges - SE-L Nav, SE-Lux Nav and Sports Nav.

Here in Germany the range is Prime-Line, Centre-Line, Exclusive-Line (my car) and finally, Sports Line.

The Nav is not an option on the Prime-Line, is an optional extra on the Centre-Line and Exclusive-Line and standard equipment on the Sports Line.

I personally did not choose the Nav option with my Exclusive-Line as I don't favour Tom-Tom Nav systems.

@ xtrailman - what's this dash clock you refer to? I assume it must have been left out from the updated models as I don't see it.

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 07:31:09 am »
I'm told the new nav is NOT tomtom.

The TT does work and has full postcodes, I dislike it because I had trouble with the live services for traffic, its on a small screen, and does not show time and phone information on the screen. And the resolution was really dated.

But it does show GPS speed which is very useful.

I despair really with Mazda inability to provide a sat nav that provides what my 2009 Xtrail did, although the Nissan model I had didn't do post codes, but that was the only negative, traffic was free. And I could get it to play an amusing tune or sound on about six destinations, a barking dog for example, daft but it put a smile on our faces.

The cx-5 clock was below the heating controls and difficult to see, it was unsafe to use it while driving as you had to look down and focus, I use reading glasses which doesn't help.

Sorry I keep forgetting you are in Germany.
Does you car has the I-loop, its in the e manual but the UK cx-5 doesn't get it. Only some models of the Mazda 6.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:33:36 am by xtrailman »

Offline Deeps

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:16:58 am »

Does you car has the I-loop, its in the e manual but the UK cx-5 doesn't get it. Only some models of the Mazda 6.

My particular car - no - and the brochure that I have in front of me indicates that it is only available with the Sportsline SkyActiv-G 192-Drive i-ELOOP AWD Automatic although that said, I can't actually find this model option on the Mazda Germany website.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:19:08 am by Deeps »

Offline Deeps

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 02:22:35 pm »
Further to the above - I called in to my Mazda dealer this afternoon who advises that the brochure isn't particularly well laid out and that E-LOOP does in fact come as standard with the Sportsline SkyActiv-G 192 AWD Automatic. Why it's not listed on their website (Germany) he was at a loss to say but assumes that as it's a standard option Mazda haven't felt the need to list it separately.

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »
Thanks for that, I wonder why its only on the petrol.
We don't even get that 2.5 offered over here.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »