Author Topic: non-folding NS mirror  (Read 9881 times)

Offline thefixer74

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
non-folding NS mirror
« on: July 04, 2015, 05:58:42 pm »
Hi - looking for a bit of advice. I just bought a used CX5 from a non Mazda dealer. When I got car home, I realised that passenger mirror is not folding. Can hear the motor running. There is slight play in the mirror compared to OS (which is working fine). The car still under Mazda warranty. I contacted the seller who suggested I take it to Mazda as should be under warranty. Was a bit peeved at this as car was supposed to be fully checked before leaving. Mazda happy to take but wondering thoughts what problem might be and warranty covering? Have contacted garage saying I expect this repaired if Mazda refuse. Sound reasonable? I inspected the mirror and no signs of damage.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: non-folding NS mirror
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:26:16 pm »
This sounds exactly like a problem I had with mine, as per this thread. http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=50.msg188#msg188
Good luck with the dealer, they tried to blame mine on the mirror hitting something. Had to pay to get it replaced, so I insisted on keeping the parts. Took it apart to find the problem was a small gear which had cracked.

If you decide to try this yourself, be warned. You have to get the glass out to get at the folding motor - the glass almost invariably breaks, even using a suction tool aparrently.

Alan

Offline thefixer74

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:07:35 am »
Cheers Alan. I have been advised that the seller will look at it if Mazda refuse. I suspect they will try and get out of it. Wing mirror is top top - no damage so will be hard to prove damage.
Thanks again.
Paul

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:07:35 am »