Author Topic: Mazda Roadside Recovery  (Read 12655 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Mazda Roadside Recovery
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:07:09 pm »
Has anyone any idea of the precise benefits this Roadside Recovery offers? I've read elsewhere of owners, when calling the service, have been recovered by the nearest available transporter and they, with the car, dropped off at the nearest Mazda dealership. On a couple occasions this has been in the middle of a rainy night, miles from home and of course with the garage being closed. With my previous VW free Breakdown Cover I had choices of either being put up in a hotel, the provision of a replacement car to continue the journey and a few other alternative benefits that were clearly stated in the jumble of paperwork supplied with the car. Other than a leaflet which pretty much repeats what can be found on the Mazda website, which in itself really doesn't state much, I'm completely unsure of to what extent the service goes to.

I've also read that sometimes being a member of a motoring organisation can be counter productive as the Roadside Recovery service of the manufacturer takes precedence over the motoring organisation as they don't want to later be found liable for anything untoward which might have an effect on the extended warranty.

These are obviously issues I would like to get cleared up before embarking on a long caravan pull across to the Atlantic coast come the summer.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
Re: Mazda Roadside Recovery
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:58:05 pm »
It's a very good question and point, we are supposed to be picking up the new car on Thursday,  but I will be in contact with dealer before that and I, ll ask the same question and get back to you if I've got a satisfactory  answer
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:47 pm »
Not recovery as such, but had to call them out once after I had the car go into limp mode. I'd managed to get back to the office before calling the dealer, who suggested calling them. They had a guy to me in just over 30 minutes - actually from the RAC. He checked the car and said it was OK to drive, but book it into a dealer ASAP. That turned out to be the start of the turbo bearing failure issue.

Can't complain about the response time.

Alan.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 09:03:51 am »
.......supposed to be picking up the new car on Thursday,  but I will be in contact with dealer before that and I, ll ask the same question and get back to you if I've got a satisfactory  answer

Trust all went well with picking up the new car.  ;D Did you learn anything more regarding the recovery service?
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 09:03:51 am »