Author Topic: Scheduled maintenance  (Read 17136 times)

Offline Andya

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Scheduled maintenance
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:10:44 pm »
Hi all sorry if this has been covered before I have searched for it . My car has done 18,800 miles it has now come up saying scheduled maintenance due. I'm bit confused as car was serviced when I purchased last June at 13,000 miles. Don't understand why it's saying now due.
Any ideas?   Cheers
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:18:29 pm by Andya »

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: Scheduled maintenance
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:49:09 am »
Check whether it was serviced before you bought it, or ONLY had a pre delivery inspection.

Offline rmvf

• Year: 2020
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 03:41:57 pm »
Go to maintenance section check to see which is given that signal ie scheduled date, or mileage, also further down is oil change which gives same light, it probably won't have been reset on last service, there is also one for routine check on tyre pressures, I have disabled all on mine. Hope that helps
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:29:58 pm by rmvf »
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline Bert321

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 07:05:40 pm »
I think the OP has the pre-facelift, therefore without the new stereo (and it's advanced settings). I had a quick look at mine today (also a pre-facelift) and in the setup menu, under vehicle, there's only settings for the auto locking, auto lights, and the 3 flash indicators.  I looked while I was on the move tho, but then forgot to check again while stationary in case there's more settings, but I'm pretty sure they're the same.

Offline rmvf

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:45:10 pm »
Bert we have both cars ( Not bragging ) on the face lift where you use the infotainment screen to access maintenance you still have choice to set scheduled  service by mileage or date, then below you have choice to change oil change and tyre pressures. Andya car might have have the schedule reset but not oil change below hence light on, these settings can be varied to what ever you feel like, ie 6k oil changes.

On the pre face lift the maintenance section is accessed from steering wheel info button and far right screen on instrument cluster, you do have to scroll down as they're are more options can't all be displayed at once due to size of screen.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:03:25 pm by rmvf »

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 01:20:49 pm »
Best guess is that it was serviced but the indicator was not reset? Not sure what the service intervals are for the petrol engine, the diesel is 12500 miles or 6 months whichever occurs sooner, the petrol may be the same? All of Mazda's service records are held digitally (no books to "stamp") so a dealer would be able to confirm, assuming that it was done by a Mazda dealer?

Had my 18 month done yesterday, but I'm not doing my "normal" mileage these days, so only at 32,000 currently . That being said, I've never had the reminder come up, the dealer always contacts me before its due.

Alan

Offline Bert321

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 02:33:42 pm »
On the pre face lift the maintenance section is accessed from steering wheel info button and far right screen on instrument cluster, you do have to scroll down as they're are more options can't all be displayed at once due to size of screen.

Sorry for the earlier mis-information.  You're quite right that the scheduled maintenance setting is accessed via the steering wheel controls, but note to the OP that the car has to be stationary to access the relevant setting.

Personally, I'd still check whether it was serviced or merely had a pre-delivery inspection (like mine did). I have the service history printout and it's a bit misleading since under the heading "service completed" it states "pre-delivery (or maybe pre-sale?) inspection".

Offline rmvf

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 04:03:19 pm »
Totally agree Bert, I use the mazda phone app, can access service history on there

Offline ROCKETRON

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »
Best guess is that it was serviced but the indicator was not reset? Not sure what the service intervals are for the petrol engine, the diesel is 12500 miles or 6 months whichever occurs sooner, the petrol may be the same? All of Mazda's service records are held digitally (no books to "stamp") so a dealer would be able to confirm, assuming that it was done by a Mazda dealer?

Had my 18 month done yesterday, but I'm not doing my "normal" mileage these days, so only at 32,000 currently . That being said, I've never had the reminder come up, the dealer always contacts me before its due.

Alan

Has the service interval shortened on the facelift car. The older 2.2d was 12500 miles or 1 year. The general trend is to extend service intervals not shorten them so I am surprised.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:42:55 am »
Not that I'm aware of. Service intervals on my 2015 CX-5 are 20,000km (approx 12,500 miles) or every 12 months.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline ROCKETRON

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 02:08:50 pm »
I thought that maybe bigal made a typo but later on he says that he had an 18 month service, so he must be having services every 6 month, sounds unusual,

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 10:31:47 am »
Sorry, had a CRAFT moment there. You're right, it is 12.5k miles/1 year, but I'm doing a higher mileage, it just happened to coincide with having the car 18 months ago...

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 10:31:47 am »