Technical Section > Wheels & Tyres

Cx5 spare wheel kit

(1/2) > >>

Paul:
Hello, A newbie on here first post, so please forgive me if I have posted this incorrectly. Bought a year old sport nav 2.2 bought it from Hendy in Eastbourne paid extra to have Diamond brite put on the car and guess what they hadn't bothered to clean the body work before applying!! So I refused to pay.
Absolutely love the car, I have just bought a spare wheel kit from the dealer just shy of 400, I am puzzled by two things firstly there doesn't seem to a place for the locking wheel nut in the polystyrene and secondly there is a T shaped bar called a Jack bolt included in the kit, I must be thick as I cannot find a purpose for this?? Any help greatly appreciated.

Ant:
Hi

I bought a complete spare wheel kit from SG Petch last year. I’ll see if I can post a picture of it in the car later. Mine came with replacement foam inserts to accommodate the wheel and tools.

Can I ask, is your spare 16” or 17” diameter?

Bert321:

--- Quote from: Paul on October 04, 2017, 11:03:45 am ---there is a T shaped bar called a Jack bolt included in the kit, I must be thick as I cannot find a purpose for this??
--- End quote ---
Is it a bolt for holding the jack into the bracket in the side boot liner? 

Ant:
I checked my spare wheel kit and it’s the same. No specific space for the locking wheel nut adapter but I keep mine in the hi-viz pouch the dealer provided in the channel on the left hand side. I also have the T shaped jack bolt that I can see no use for. I think Bert is probably right in that its something to lock the jack in place in other Mazda models? It’s not needed in the CX-5 as the jack is a tight fit in the foam liner.

Sorry the picture is so large - I don’t know how to make it smaller!

Paul:
Thank you for all your comments, the wheel is R16, The T bar is threaded on the longest part of the bolt so possibly used on other models as suggested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version