Author Topic: MZD Connect Sat Nav cannot find or maintain my location  (Read 8466 times)

Offline GPCX5

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
MZD Connect Sat Nav cannot find or maintain my location
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:54 pm »
I have an ongoing issue with my MZD-Connect Sat Nav, where it cannot consistently find or maintain my location. Since the weather has started to get cloudier/cooler it has got worse. Sometimes it has me in the correct place, sometimes a couple of hundred yards either side (or driving the wrong side of a dual carriageway) and sometimes as much as 20 miles or more away (e.g. at the Coventry end of the M69 it thought I was in the centre of Rugby, in Butlers' Leap). Three times I have used the sat nav to guide me to an unfamiliar destination and every time it lost my location at a crucial point in the journey. Pointedly my smartphone and dashcam had no such trouble keeping tabs on my location!

I bought the CX5 SE-L Nav new in May this year, and have already returned it once to the dealer to upgrade the software to the latest version (59 point something). I have also raised it as a complaint withy Mazda UK, who have referred me back to the dealer. No doubt they will check and find no problem, or twiddle with something and ask that I see how I go.

Has anyone else experienced the same issues and resolved them?  What did the dealer do to fix it? Help/pointers gratefully received.

On the plus side, apparently my CX5 can travel across reservoirs - at least according to the sat nav!!

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: MZD Connect Sat Nav cannot find or maintain my location
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 09:06:54 am »

On the plus side, apparently my CX5 can travel across reservoirs - at least according to the sat nav!!

There you go then - a first for Mazda. Wading through those deep winter rain puddles should be a piece of cake now.  ;D ;D ;D
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:37:17 pm »
No, no, no. It's a well known fact that Mazda CX5's do not have an official wading depth as they are "not designed to be used off-road". At least that was the reply I got from them when I had the temerity to ask the question...

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:37:17 pm »