Author Topic: Resetting warning lights  (Read 9901 times)

Offline Fangface

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Resetting warning lights
« on: December 06, 2017, 05:16:49 pm »
I have just hit 30,000 miles and have a low oil pressure warning light come on.  Normally I would be concerned but since it has done it at 6000 miles and 18000 miles almost exactly between service visits I know it will be diesel contamination casing the issue.  My local dealer has done it twice now free of charge but said the last time it was unlikely Mazda would do it for free next time if it occurred. I intend to change the oil this weekend but not the filters etc as I have a service plan and this will be done in March as part of the package.  Therefore I was wondering how I can reset the light once I replace the oil - I managed to reset my wifes Mazda 3 by following a certain start up sequence but can't seem to find any info regarding the CX-5.

Any suggestions?

Offline Bert321

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: Resetting warning lights
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:49 am »
I can't answer your question per-se, but try calling Mazda Customer Services (MCS) yourself.  When my low oil pressure light came on 7 weeks (and about 6k miles IIRC) before my 3rd service was due, the dealer was going to change the oil free.  However, since it was a fairly short period until my due service I asked the cost of having an oil & filter change done and was told it can be as much as £180 (IIRC).  I also asked how much a 3rd service was, and was told £329 (or was it £349?).   Therefore I said I'd like to pay the extra £149 (or £169 or whatever) and have the rest of the full service done early.  The dealer said no way, which led me to calling MCS.  A very helpful lady at MCS agreed with me and, after speaking to the dealer, the complete 3rd service was done and was paid by MCS.  She explained that Mazda has a fairly small customer base in the UK and they like to keep customers happy so that you'll buy another one in due course.

Offline Fangface

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:58:17 pm »
Just an update on my situation.  It looks like I can't reset the light myself so I booked it in with the local dealer to get the oil changed.  The local dealer advised that Mazda would not cover the oil change in their warranty so I would need to cover the cost myself which I had to agree to.  However, I got in touch with Mazda via their Facebook page who put me in touch with the customer relations team and an hour later they confirmed they would cover the cost and have also updated the software to alter the DPF regen cycles so it should be less of an issue in the future.  They did say this would be the last oil change that would be covered under the warranty but I am happy with the outcome.  To be fair the lady on the customer relations team was very helpful and polite and it leaves me with nothing but positive views on their after purchase service.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:58:17 pm »