Technical Section > Wheels & Tyres

Space saver

(1/4) > >>

Jeff-C:
Another spare wheel question peeps. My CX-5 has 19" wheels, my question is what size space saver wheel do i need, and what size tyre do I need to put on it. I'm presuming I can use the 17" space saver with larger profile tyre. Many Thanks in advance

andyb_ie:
I got a a spare wheel 135/90R17. My wheels are 225/55/19.
Given the difference in the wheel size, the profile can't be the same as is bigger to make up for the rim delta

Jeff-C:
Thanks for that fella

Ant:
I bought the official Mazda spare kit for my CX-5 which had 19 inch wheels. It came with a 16 inch wheel and a 145/90/16 tyre. I queried it with the supplier (SG Petch) as I had been expecting to receive a 17 wheel and they told me that some of the official spares had been 17 inch but due to tyre sourcing issues, they had changed to 16 inch.

A 185/80/17 has a virtually identical rolling radius to the standard 19 inch wheel and tyre. The 145/90/16 is about 30mm smaller on the radius. It was OK the one time I had to use it for a few miles though (on the rear)

Anchorman:
I bought a space saver from this company in Manchester. It’s nearly the same size as my 19s or at least a damn site closer than the genuine Mazda wheel. I’ve got a 5% discount going via the Facebook CX-5 owners club but feel free to use it - club5. It comes out just over £132 delivered.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/mazda-cx5-17-space-saver-spare-wheel-rim-635.html

This is a comparison. Thegenuine Mazda is nearest the camera, the wheelshop one next and of course the full size 19 on the car

This is it test fitted

This is it position in the boot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version