Author Topic: Special Service Program - Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming?  (Read 25538 times)

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Special Service Program - Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 10:06:17 pm »
Yes I did it myself in July as I have the last two firmware updates. BUT the exact procedure needs to be followed which includes pressing the brake (auto) or clutch (manual) every 20 minutes to ensure the headunit did not fall asleep. Also did not have a battery charger connected which is another risk unless you have a relatively new, fully charged and reliable battery. And don't restart the engine in between the two installation files.  Just tell your dealer that the display randomly goes to a black screen whilst navigating occasionally, they should do something then ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:10:17 pm by Jonno21 »
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 02:10:55 am »
Ooo, no.  I’ll pull you the car to bits and put it back working but IT stuff, no. 
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline routerunner

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 12:13:20 pm »
Yes I did it myself in July as I have the last two firmware updates. BUT the exact procedure needs to be followed which includes pressing the brake (auto) or clutch (manual) every 20 minutes to ensure the headunit did not fall asleep. Also did not have a battery charger connected which is another risk unless you have a relatively new, fully charged and reliable battery. And don't restart the engine in between the two installation files.

OK, to recap, you upgraded the CMU yourself to 545 in July and the Maintenance menu was the same as before, later on you had the ECU upgraded and you noticed the new Maintenance menu, is that correct?

Just tell your dealer that the display randomly goes to a black screen whilst navigating occasionally, they should do something then ;)

This is exactly what is happening sometimes, the screen goes black and the message Loading Navigation with the rolling circle appears, but it seems more frequent with the real-time traffic information enabled though.

Cheers
Eddy
Everyone is a damn fool for 5 minutes a day. Wisdom consists in not exceeding that limit.

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 04:22:40 pm »
OK, to recap, you upgraded the CMU yourself to 545 in July and the Maintenance menu was the same as before, later on you had the ECU upgraded and you noticed the new Maintenance menu, is that correct?

Yes that's correct. (Can't get the quote to work for some reason)

Edit  :)   Because you put your answer in front of the end quote instead of after . 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:46:21 pm by Willpower »
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 10:38:13 am »
Have just received what I assume is the same recall notification. Talks about powertrain control module being reprogrammed in order to protect your engine from developing  fuel injector fault which in turn may lead to the engine stalling. At the same time they will update the engine calibration software. I note the recall is billed as a 'safety' recall.

I have noticed the occasional 'hesitation' or miss in recent months so I wonder if this will sort that out. I'll mention it when I book it in, in case the fuel injector fault has already developed.

Offline routerunner

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 05:27:35 pm »
I have noticed the occasional 'hesitation' or miss in recent months so I wonder if this will sort that out. I'll mention it when I book it in, in case the fuel injector fault has already developed.
Nope. I had my done a month ago and, a part of noticing no difference whatsoever, just yesterday I had the 'hesitation' from first to second gear at a roundabout...

Cheers
Eddy
Everyone is a damn fool for 5 minutes a day. Wisdom consists in not exceeding that limit.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 05:27:35 pm »