Author Topic: new cx-5  (Read 34569 times)

Offline zoomer

• Phil
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
new cx-5
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:16:41 pm »
Collected my new cx-5 on Monday and apart from the stop start not working I'm really pleased with it.  I didnt haggle for fllor mats or anything but now i wish I did as theyre so expensive.  I bought a new set for my Z4 a couple of months ago and would you believe they fit the cx-5 perfectly, even got the cut around the accelerator pedal lol.  Anyone know of a good boot protector for our dog.

One other thing is the DRL's.  They are P13W where perhaps the main beam lights would normally go and they are dim yellow.  Ive seen on ebay the DRL's are on top of the fog lights.  Any suggestions

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
Re: new cx-5
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:46:12 pm »
I bought the standard Mazda boot tray for mine, which keeps the boot floor clean, but doesn't keep dog hairs off the back of the rear seat. It was quite a cheap addition, can't remember exactly how much it was but remember being surprised that it was cheaper than expected. Less than ?40 if I remember correctly.

As far as I know, the standard DRL's are part of the headlamp. A lot of pictures in brochures, etc, showed the car with the optional extra LED ones that fit down near the front fog lights. I thought that was what was standard and was surprised when it wasn't supplied that way.

Alan.

Offline twabrigs

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:15 pm »
Also have the Mazda boot tray and it's worth the ?40 or so.

Are you sure the stop / start isn't working? If car is too hot / cold etc etc it doesn't operate (there's a page in the manual with about 30 criteria that need to be met for it to operate...

Offline zoomer

• Phil
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »

Thanks BigAl. think I'll just buy the fog & DRL moulding with single bar LED DRL which is also used as an indicator.

Thanks twabrigs,  Yea I'm a compulsive manual reader lol,  Ive been through everything so it looks like it needs resetting

Offline zoomer

• Phil
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 10:31:33 pm »
Only getting 34mpg atm, hope it improves with mileage

Offline BigAl

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:34 am »
It will, but don't expect it to reach the dizzying heights of the figures claimed. Mazda don't consider the engine to be run-in until it gets to 12.5k miles. I have the manual version of the 175 sport and - after 57,000 miles - have got to an overall measured average of just under 42MPG (don't rely on the trip computer average). 44-45 is quite achievable on a steady motorway run. Using Shell V Power diesel does seem to help. Plenty of discussion on this topic here http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=23.0

Alan

Offline DHZ7945

• Too CX-y For My Car
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 08:36:08 am »
I couldn't decide which new car to buy this time around. (Currently own a Skoda Yeti 1.6 Greenline elegance). After looking at many Car for weeks and weeks Being the Outlander Phev, Quashqai, CRV, Sportage, IX35, Subaru XV even the CX-5 (but didn't like the stereo/Nav in the CX-5) or wait for the new cars for 2015 the Honda HRV, CX-3 or the Hyundai Tucson etc.

IN THE END

I ended up ordering the new facelifted CX-5 on Wednesday.
It should do similar Mpg to the Yeti but a lot quicker.
I ordered it via Carwow got a great deal on it too. so it comes from a dealer not a broker.
Looking forward to The new Bose Stereo/Nav and The new LED headlights and Drl's
It should give us some exclusivety for  awhile  :)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:48:24 am by DHZ7945 »
:)

Offline Gmsal

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »
I couldn't decide which new car to buy this time around. (Currently own a Skoda Yeti 1.6 Greenline elegance). After looking at many Car for weeks and weeks Being the Outlander Phev, Quashqai, CRV, Sportage, IX35, Subaru XV even the CX-5 (but didn't like the stereo/Nav in the CX-5) or wait for the new cars for 2015 the Honda HRV, CX-3 or the Hyundai Tucson etc.

IN THE END

I ended up ordering the new facelifted CX-5 on Wednesday.
It should do similar Mpg to the Yeti but a lot quicker.
I ordered it via Carwow got a great deal on it too. so it comes from a dealer not a broker.
Looking forward to The new Bose Stereo/Nav and The new LED headlights and Drl's
It should give us some exclusivety for  awhile  :)

My first post, so hello everyone.
I have just picked up the new facelifted CX-5 yesterday.
I too ordered the 2.2 150ps 2WD Sports Nav Diesel.
Very pleased with it so far having changed from the VW Tiguan.
Getting lots of admiring looks :) :) :)

I'll post again soon on how I'm getting along with my new addition.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:26:25 pm by Gmsal »

Offline skippa

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 05:28:08 pm »
Picked up my Sport Nav 2.2D (150) in pearlescent white yesterday. Its too early to give a meaningful review, but so far I'm absolutely delighted with the way it handles and runs - it looks great too. Polishes and wax are at the ready for when I've given it its first wash.

The only strange thing so far is that there doesn't seem to be an on off switch for the radio - only a mute button. Can anybody throw any light on this?

Happy, happy, happy!

Offline chris2301

• i'm CXy and i know it.
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »
We picked up our 2.0 sel facelift on Monday. My other half commented on not been able to turn the radio off too. You can turn the display to clock only but that looks silly. I will have a play this weekend when I give it its first wash and polish. Oh and ive ordered an sd card for the sat nav as ive been told it will work. Bonus.

Offline zoomer

• Phil
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 01:01:59 pm »
Updated the DRL's and LED headlights this weekend, looks brilliant. Also had the Mazda ugrade/update at Mazda Saturday & then I fitted a superchip giving 210 -230 bhp (adjustable) pulls incredibly well and much cleaner throttle, apparently gives a 10% fuel economy improvement, I'll give a report in a couple of weeks.  The stone leather with electric heated seats are real luxury especially in the cold period lol.  Just enquiring about having a sunroof fitted seen as I saved so much money on the deal I got getting this car.  Seem to get a lot of envious looks lol even off bmw x3 & x5's

Offline BigAl

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 09:49:18 am »
Will be very interested to hear how you get on with the chipset. I was considering one for mine a while back but, with it being a company car, it was looking a bit complicated insurance-wise as all our cars are on one group policy. I should be changing it in six months and - for the first time - I may have the same again, in which case a chipset might be worthwhile. During my early correspondence with Mazda regarding fuel consumption, I questioned how it was possible that small, third-part, manufacturers were able to produce a small and relatively cheap plug-in device which achieved something that the combined technical might of Mazda couldn't. I.E, achieve better MPG, power and torque. They waffled a bit about "standards" and "homologation", but never really answered properly...

Alan

Offline zoomer

• Phil
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 02:12:54 pm »
Hi Alan

About 20 years ago I spoke to the owner of Superchip and eventually had one fitted to a Nissan 200SX.  It was mainly boost in those days.

Ive used them ever since, however nowadays its much more electronically controlled.  The CX-5 have two turbo's, (Honeywell’s TwoStage serial) one small high pressure for low rpm and one larger low pressure for higher rpm.  The Superchip manages these turbo's more effectively but more importantly controls the timing and delivery output of the fuel injectors and of course the ignition timing amongst other parameters.  The Superchip does not take over or effect the cars ECU but compliments it, hence the non void of warranty.

Car manufacturers are contolled by the EU environmental regulations which means that the vehicle is tested at certain rpm, that does not mean that it is more efficient but only lower emissions at those rpm.  The Superchip increases efficiency by 5 - 10%. 

In English: You will find that you do not have to press the accelerator as far to get the same performance and speed.

Although saying this, if you have a constant heavy right foot........

Offline Silver Bullet

• What is it with BMW drivers ??
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:08 pm »
Hi Zoomer,

As I posted elsewhere on this Forum some time ago,

Are you sure that the installation of a blue spark tuning box (or in your case a Superchip) won't invalidate your vehicle insurance & / or manufacturer's warranty ? 

For many years I worked in the field of engine failure investigation / diagnostics and, on occasions, I wrote Expert reports for County Court / NCS & Arbitration that identified the fitting of non-standard (tuning) parts to a failed engine as a major contributory factor to the cause of the engine's demise.  In a number of such cases the insurance underwriter's decided they were not obliged to bear the claim as the insured party had not informed them of the modifications...   Likewise, if the engine fails while under warranty ( for whatever other reason) the manufacturer could argue that the Warranty Terms & Conditions had been breached..  If you have not already done so, I would strongly suggest that you ask both your insurer and Mazda UK to confirm in writing that such a "non-standard" device can be installed without breaching their T&C's  ...

Offline BigAl

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 05:27:30 pm »
Interesting. I did know it was a Honeywell turbo as the engineer showed me mine when it failed due to a blocked oil way. I was told it was a "brand new design, first of its type" since Honeywell took over Garrett. Didn't know there were two of them, though.

I'd considered a plug in box when I had the original fuel consumption issues - as it improved it became less of a priority, though. Any chance of a photo of where it goes/plugs in/what it look like? What did it do to your insurance cost?

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 05:27:30 pm »