Author Topic: Sat Nav  (Read 15512 times)

Offline PJones

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Sat Nav
« on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:27 am »
Ladies and Gentlemen I thought I would make you aware of a problem I have had with Mazda. I wanted to purchase a new S-LUX NAV and was told that the delivery for the NAV version of my vehicle would be 14 weeks, so I was offered the car without NAV on a 4 week delivery.
I took delivery of the non NAV version and was told by the delivery driver that a SAT NAV update takes minutes.
Garage number 1 - the technician was on holiday so they did not what to offer
Garage number 2 - was initially advised that you cannot purchase a Mazda without Sat NAV???
Garage number 2 - was then told 5 days build - £1,000 - £2,000 cost
Garage number 3 - was told £630 plus £30 fitting
Garage number 4 - I visited this site and asked for a SAT NAV SD card - we plugged this in a hey presto everything worked! was asked if I wanted to purchase the SD Card "should be £150-£200", yes! I said, then after 10 minutes of waiting was advised price is actually £480.00 (for a SD card!!!)
I notified Mazda head office - unhelpful person called back and thanked me for my complaint, asked if I had any other complaints and then said goodbye.
2nd call from Mazda head office who wanted to look into the situation (again presumably) advised they would call back in 2-3 days, that was 2 weeks ago.

I do not know if this issue is caused by garages not knowing the Mazda product, or garages trying it on.

My advise? ask as many different garages as you can - even Mazda dealerships can vary in cost (£480 to £2,000)

I love my CX-5 but this has left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Sat Nav
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:01:04 am »
Posting the details of your issue as above on their Facebook or Twitter pages should get a better response. That's been my experience.

Alan

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:24:21 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen I thought I would make you aware of a problem I have had with Mazda. I wanted to purchase a new S-LUX NAV and was told that the delivery for the NAV version of my vehicle would be 14 weeks, so I was offered the car without NAV on a 4 week delivery.
I took delivery of the non NAV version and was told by the delivery driver that a SAT NAV update takes minutes.
Garage number 1 - the technician was on holiday so they did not what to offer
Garage number 2 - was initially advised that you cannot purchase a Mazda without Sat NAV???
Garage number 2 - was then told 5 days build - £1,000 - £2,000 cost
Garage number 3 - was told £630 plus £30 fitting
Garage number 4 - I visited this site and asked for a SAT NAV SD card - we plugged this in a hey presto everything worked! was asked if I wanted to purchase the SD Card "should be £150-£200", yes! I said, then after 10 minutes of waiting was advised price is actually £480.00 (for a SD card!!!)
I notified Mazda head office - unhelpful person called back and thanked me for my complaint, asked if I had any other complaints and then said goodbye.
2nd call from Mazda head office who wanted to look into the situation (again presumably) advised they would call back in 2-3 days, that was 2 weeks ago.

I do not know if this issue is caused by garages not knowing the Mazda product, or garages trying it on.

My advise? ask as many different garages as you can - even Mazda dealerships can vary in cost (£480 to £2,000)

I love my CX-5 but this has left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth.

So in summary, what exactly is it that you find distasteful ?  Granted you have detailed many instances of discrepancies in dealer performance.  If you are upset about the cost of the SD card, then perhaps reading through some of the related postings here   http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?board=25.0
would clarify matters for you.

Ultimately are you happy with the car ?  From the overall tone of your posting it seems perhaps not.    What actions would you like to see being taken to take the taste away ?  And by who ?

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 07:27:17 am »
I was under the impression that an upgrade to sat nav on the early cars required the hardware slotting into place, the thing that actually takes the card.

So if you are only buying a card I would expect to pay a price for it considering it holds navigation maps, what is a fair price is up for debate.

First thing I did with both Nissan CD nav systems was to make a personal back up, I've also done the same for my CX-5.
And intend to do the same for the 2015 car. Nissan replacement DVD's cost a lot of money.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Watching events
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:19:29 am »
The OP  has very likely left the arena.  He made only one posting on the 11 May at 9.49 am  and was last active at 9.59 am the same day.  Total time on the site 25 minutes since joining the forum, visited only one forum, Trobleshooting, but did not look at anything else anywhere on the site.   

He vented his anger, logged off and has never even returned to see the reply that was posted only 2 minutes later, or any replies after.  I have a feeling that we won't see him again.

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 12:29:15 pm »
I understand it was an old post.

But I feel its still worth posting for the benefit of new members, or anyone who just prefers to monitor forums and never post.
SD cards and hardrives can fail so I always recommend a backup.

I did have a DVD fail on a Nissan, luckily I had a back up ready.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Watching events
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:37:32 pm »
But I feel its still worth posting for the benefit of new members, or anyone who just prefers to monitor forums and never post.

I completely agree with your sentiments. I just was just letting you know that it was unlikely to get a response from the OP :)

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:37:32 pm »