Author Topic: Electronic hand brake  (Read 32672 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Electronic hand brake
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:02 pm »
Either way he didn't seem too happy to be told what the issues may be

This seems to be a common problem, I ditched my last dealer partly because of this. They really don't like it when you know more than they do. I had a 6 week argument with them after they repaired the car from a rear impact over a clicking noise form the wheel. I told them several times that it was the wheel bearing, but they wouldn't listen. I even timed the noise relative to the road speed and did the calculation that proved it was happening once per wheel revolution (Yes, I'm that sad...). They changed it in the end and the noise went away.

Alan

Offline cmp999

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
A new caliper, brake pad set, seal kit and replacement disc is what you need to fix it properly!     

If this link below works, if not search the web for "New Calipers at 7,800 Miles! " - further down in the posts you can view the TSB although its not the latest version which is I believe RO52/16D

https://ww.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123860702-New-Calipers-at-7-800-Miles!

Spoke to the dealer today,
1 x disc
1 x caliper
1 x set of new pads

On the way from Mazda, booked in for next week so hopefully sorted. Only thing that bothers me is that if one is faulty then surely there is a high chance of the other side failing. Maybe Mazda are hoping that the car is out of warranty before it does!

Thank you for the advice anyway!

Offline WIZZ

• Colour: Arctic White
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 01:45:04 pm »
Mine makes a bit of a sueal, as if it hasn't quite released. Is this part of the same problem ?

Offline prepared1874

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 09:22:30 am »
Hi,

I Have 2016 CX-5 Diesel Sport Nav and previously experienced rear near side brake "dragging". After some to and fro at the dealer, I eventually had the brake control module replaced in Feb 2017 along with new pads, disk and calipers. The repair instantly alleviated the dragging situation, however, after approximately 8 months trouble free, I too am now experiencing an intermittent squeal/whine/rubbing noise when pulling off from a situation where the handbrake or hill brake has just been engaged. The hand-brake appears to be dis-engaging correctly but the noise is suggesting that I may have to get back to the dealer and try to recreate an intermittent fault which of course never happens. If anyone has had anything similar, I would be interested to hear how you are getting on with it. Thanks.

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 01:28:13 am »
This has reared its ugly head once more at 9000miles, car used daily, rear passenger side not releasing quick enough. been told its a "overheating calliper" I guess seized and waiting on arrival of 2 new callipers to go with new sat nav unit :'( will update once car  has been in
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 10:46:36 pm »
Both rear callipers replaced under warranty on the 2016 model
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline kiakid2

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:40 am »
Reared its ugly head once more……....Yes mine again, despite having the rear L/H calliper /disc replaced in June I have endured the occasional lurch to one side as the handbrake releases, for the last six months since I bought the car.
A week ago the rear R/H calliper decided to seize up and cook the disc, setting of the TPMS. Fortunately I was able to pull over quite quickly and sit for fifteen minutes or so to let things cool down.
Since then the handbrake has behaved impeccably with no lurching at all when released, so now I am worried that when it goes in to the dealers they find nothing wrong!   

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:40 am »