Author Topic: New model CX 5 for 2017  (Read 51112 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: New model CX 5 for 2017
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 04:33:45 pm »
And look what is revealed when one pops the lid. The salesperson really couldn't offer an explanation for the blanking plug to the right of the fuelling cap and I wonder if perhaps Mazda have it in there minds to introduce an AdBlue tank for subsequent updates to the model. An alternative view of course is that in some markets an AdBlue tank is already fitted.

Sounds likely - the old CX7 2.2D I believe was fitted with an Adblue system?

And if we are playing spot the difference, I reckon the whale tail antenna is bigger?

Alan

Offline tzd7kw

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »
On the Mazda.co.uk configurator, you cannot select the safety pack if you elect to have a Petrol CX-5. Hopefully this is just an error of the configurator, otherwise will be bizarre restriction.

Offline tzd7kw

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 02:27:53 pm »
Had the brochure for the new CX-5 through the door today, confirms that the Safety Pack is only available for Diesel Sport Nav model not Petrol Sport Nav - makes no sense to me.

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »
I'm back....

I've got mine, picked it up Weds 21st. Better car altogether despite the outgoing model being fantastic.

Loads quieter, seats more comfortable and steering more precise.

I absolutely love it! If there's to be a downside then it's the infotainment system, I won't go into it in any detail but suffice to say despite my disputes with TomTom on my last one and although said TomTom was clunky it was more intuitive.

Alex.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline Deepjoy22

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:35 pm »
Hi Alex.  Glad you're enjoying the new model even more - something for me to look forward to in a year or so.

Re the Infotainment system, what version of the software did it come set up with?  And has the dealer made any comments about any update to provide Android Auto?

Thanks.

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »
Hi Alex.  Glad you're enjoying the new model even more - something for me to look forward to in a year or so.

Re the Infotainment system, what version of the software did it come set up with?  And has the dealer made any comments about any update to provide Android Auto? Thanks.

Not sure of version number, I put the card into my laptop added the Info programme and registered and immediately was given a huge update. The only Android I have is the connectivity with my Galaxy 4 on Bluetooth.

I've set myself up with the home Wi-Fi and I'm assuming the "Live Traffic" is via the phone on Bluetooth, but have had very little evidence that it actually works.

Car is far superior to what was already an excellent vehicle.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline dyrck

• Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 10:12:42 am »
I have got one, picked it up a week ago. A significant improvement on the previous model, most notably MUCH quieter. Still the crappy sat-nav though.

Offline tzd7kw

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 08:14:18 am »
Had the brochure for the new CX-5 through the door today, confirms that the Safety Pack is only available for Diesel Sport Nav model not Petrol Sport Nav - makes no sense to me.

Visited dealer and they confirm Safety Park not available for Petrol Sport Nav YET. They said Mazda seriously underestimated the changed demand in UK for Petrol models over Diesel and the Safety Park will become available, together with other options on Petrol versions in Feb 2018.

Offline Ant

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 09:33:15 pm »
Is anyone else not too keen on the wheel design on the new Sport Nav? To me, they've managed design an alloy that looks more like a wheel trim! I prefer the design on the previous model.

In every other respect though, I think the new car looks better than the model it replaces.

There's an 'Airdam kit' available now that adds a very slight extension to the plastic trims around the bottom of the car and incorporates a satin silver highlight. Looked good on the model I saw at the dealers. Not cheap though - list price is over £700 without fitting!

Offline Alex

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2017, 07:19:01 pm »

Re the Infotainment system, what version of the software did it come set up with?  And has the dealer made any comments about any update to provide Android Auto?

Thanks.

Nothing on connectivity with Andriod or Apple as yet (apart from Bluetooth of course) I spoke to Head Office and the lass told me they have been promising this since 2014, and awaiting Japan to get it together.

Software version on Nav, I was on 460 now updated by dealer to 503 and apart from dab radio telling me what Im listening to, can't say I see much difference.

I have tethered my phone as a "Hotspot" but to date the traffic info doesn't bode too well.

Offline dyrck

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2017, 04:28:03 pm »
Having had my new model CX-5 for over a month and 1500 miles I am able to report the following. It is significantly quieter and this leads to a much more relaxed drive. The seats are more comfortable with better lumbar support. The active LED headlights are amazing. I really thought I'd be dazzling other drivers but I haven't been flashed once, so probably I'm not. The Bose sound system is excellent IMHO. The lane assist isn't intrusive and does its job very well when set on 'late intervention' but is a bit irritating on 'early intervention'. The blind spot monitor is genuinely useful. The DAB radio works well.

The only real negative is, inevitably, the sat nav. Having to turn your phone into a wi fi hotspot to get live traffic is really irritating. It wouldn't be so bad if it reliably connected but it is really hit and miss, so every time you stop on a long journey you have to faff about getting the wi fi to reconnect—think 5 minutes. Also the live traffic only seems to know about relatively major routes. It completely failed to tell me that the M3 and A3 were both closed for routine maintenance one night, both routes were marked green on the map. Grrrr...

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 09:19:47 am »
The only real negative is, inevitably, the sat nav. Having to turn your phone into a wi fi hotspot to get live traffic is really irritating. It wouldn't be so bad if it reliably connected but it is really hit and miss, so every time you stop on a long journey you have to faff about getting the wi fi to reconnect—think 5 minutes. Also the live traffic only seems to know about relatively major routes. It completely failed to tell me that the M3 and A3 were both closed for routine maintenance one night, both routes were marked green on the map. Grrrr...

This has been an issue since the introduction of the MZD system on the MK2 model. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking out a subscription to this service - I did, and finished up getting a full refund for it. Yes, it works, but connecting it is a complete and total PITA! I just can't understand why anyone in possession of more than 10 brain cells would have thought that this system was better than the old TomTom/GSM system? I've written to Mazda several times about this; you know, trying to be helpful. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but they don't seem to want to listen to their customers. Mines due for replacement next year and this system is the one thing which will put me off having another (my third).

Alan

Offline Alex

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2017, 04:48:35 pm »

This has been an issue since the introduction of the MZD system on the MK2 model. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking out a subscription to this service - I did, and finished up getting a full refund for it. Yes, it works, but connecting it is a complete and total PITA! I just can't understand why anyone in possession of more than 10 brain cells would have thought that this system was better than the old TomTom/GSM system? I've written to Mazda several times about this; you know, trying to be helpful. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but they don't seem to want to listen to their customers. Mines due for replacement next year and this system is the one thing which will put me off having another (my third).

Alan

I have taken the plunge and paid to renew the subscription, worked out at £120 for 3 years, so at £40-pa cheaper than TomTom but nowhere near as good.

Being a paid up user give me the right to moan and lean on them for improvements, and if not then I'll be looking for a refund. The "Live Traffic" is dreadful, it doesn't show roads that are closed, it tells me of hold-ups that don't exist and as for tethering the phone, nightmare - but I did add an app to the phone which mages the process a little easier.

Time will tell.

Offline vbl

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »
Getting my new Sport Nav CX5 AWD diesel and really looking forward to it. Did a test drive and found it really great, comfortable and easy to drive. Quieter than my present CX5. However, this is my third sport nav and still having to rely on Garmin as a back up - where are their brains? To make things even worse I did software update three weeks ago and during visit to London, keyed in Brent Cross Shopping Centre. Taken to literally outside Houses of Parliament. On return to Yorkshire did simulated trip and it did the same. Needed address in Doncaster and it took me right into town center instead to required address on the outskirts. Nobody able to resolve issue. Am seriously hoping that the new CX5 will not have the same problems as I travel up and down Europe a great deal

Offline dyrck

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »
Getting my new Sport Nav CX5 AWD diesel and really looking forward to it. Did a test drive and found it really great, comfortable and easy to drive. Quieter than my present CX5. However, this is my third sport nav and still having to rely on Garmin as a back up - where are their brains? To make things even worse I did software update three weeks ago and during visit to London, keyed in Brent Cross Shopping Centre. Taken to literally outside Houses of Parliament. On return to Yorkshire did simulated trip and it did the same. Needed address in Doncaster and it took me right into town center instead to required address on the outskirts. Nobody able to resolve issue. Am seriously hoping that the new CX5 will not have the same problems as I travel up and down Europe a great deal

I have found that for addresses that don't have a house number it helps to scroll down and click the 'Select Road' (I may have that wrong as I'm not near the car) and use the cross-hairs to select where you want to go.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »