Author Topic: Front indicator bulb replacement  (Read 10688 times)

Offline PeteCX5

• Mazda Newbie
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Front indicator bulb replacement
« on: April 14, 2017, 01:20:48 pm »
I'm guessing this comes under maintenance, I would like to change my front bulbs to some silver tec ones to clean up the look of the front lights, they seem a bit of a ball ache to change as access is restricted, any quick ways of getting round this or do I have to break my arm in 3 places to attempt this job

Offline Ant

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Transmission: Manual
Re: Front indicator bulb replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:10 pm »
I've done this. It was a bit of a faff as I followed the instructions in the manual and partially removed the wheel arch liners to get to the bulb holders from under the front wings. I think it took about 45 minutes in all. Not sure if you can do it from the engine bay by moving some of the ancillaries like the washer bottle filler on the drivers side and the air box on the passenger side? I would look into that if doing this again.

Offline PeteCX5

• Mazda Newbie
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:50:30 pm »
Cheers ANT, Looks like I need to spend a bit of time taking a proper look, thank you for taking the time to reply

Pete

Offline FireDiamondUK

• Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 03:33:36 pm »
I changed my side light bulbs for LEDs which are in a similar place to the indicator bulbs. I found, despite having reasonably small hands/ forearms, there was no way i could get enough purchase on the bulb holders from the engine bay to get them out so went up through the wheel arch. It was reasonably straight forwards, although did involve a bit of rolling around on the floor to get your arm up high enough to get to the back of the headlights but this was the easiest way and didn't take too long once i resigned myself to having to do it this way

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 03:33:36 pm »