Author Topic: Navteq  (Read 10256 times)

Offline jonjesk

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Navteq
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:37:38 pm »
Hi all
new to this forum have been on others and always find them helpful.
i have a 2017 pre upgrade model with satnav [navte version] and i find it very dull and ordinary for the cost.
Unless i am missing something there are no voice changes, icon changes in short very few wats to personalise.
so my question is ' am i missing something' any feedback/help would be appreciated.
i am used to garmin nuvu but it packed in just before i bought the car.
Note i do actually love the car though
towing 2008 swift conqueror 540

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
Re: Navteq
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:55:45 pm »
I've found the same, very poor regards choices it seems the user is stuck with one voice and not only that but no option to add anything you've found for yourself plus there aren't any options within the system either.

Furthermore the Live Traffic isn't what it says on the tin, being the system relies on historical data and isn't real time.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline CoxJul

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:41:13 pm »
A class action is kicking off in n the US over withdrawal of Live Traffic service. Need similar over here, or they could just give us Android Auto support so we can use alternatives.

Offline jonjesk

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:12:33 pm »
thanks for replies
i dont know why manufacturers sat navs are so poor and so expensive, you can get an excellent stand alone unit for less than €150.
its very annoying.
towing 2008 swift conqueror 540

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »
A class action is kicking off in n the US over withdrawal of Live Traffic service. Need similar over here, or they could just give us Android Auto support so we can use alternatives.

I have seen there are moves over the pond to take Mazda to task over claims of "real time" live traffic. The Andriod or an Apple Auto support link would resolve a lot of problems and would be an easy get-out for Mazda.

Alex.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 10:25:51 am »
For what its worth, I cancelled my Live Update subscription and got a full refund. Interestingly, the text below is from an e-mail I had from Mazda UK customer services in September 2016. The underlined part is the interesting bit... I've e-mailed them for an update on this, but I genuinely believe that they haven't a clue as to what they are doing or saying?

Thank you for your emails. I am sorry no there was no response to the email of 16 September.

I apologise the issue with the wifi hotspot connection is still ongoing, I can appreciate this must be frustrating. Considering the difficulties caused I can reimburse the cost of the 3 years live services. Please kindly send a copy of the invoice for the purchase to the above email address, along with the bank account number and sort code we can make payment to.

Please be assured we have taken on board the issues raised. We are currently working on a software update which will mean traffic updates are available via MZD without the use of a wifi hotspot. We are expecting to see this update around the end of October.

Alan

Offline jonjesk

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 01:32:53 pm »