Author Topic: Nav and wi-fi hotspot firmware update  (Read 74048 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Nav and wi-fi hotspot firmware update
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 10:11:05 am »
Only thing I've noticed so far (this weekend) was system twice - on both outbound & return journeys - went to "navigation system loading", but when it loaded seconds later it returned to the current route and resumed from where it left off, so no real problem.

That's what I was getting, except that on a couple of occasions when it came back there was a compass screen and a message saying no navigation system was installed...

Alan

Offline Psythepie

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 12:34:35 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the forum & the world of Mazda/CX-5's. I've had my car a week and a half & have worked everything out except I cannot get the wifi hotspot to work between my Sony Experia Z3 Compact & the car, does anyone have any tips? Bluetooth works just fine & the phone is on the list of compatible handsets on Mazdas website. As it is I have an appointment on Friday afternoon for my dealer to check all software/firmware is up to date but I believe it already is from reading everything on here and at Mazdas247. I have to say it does seem a very archaic way of updating traffic etc when I could go out & get a £100 or so TomTom that has built in connection technology  :(. Sorry for the gloom in a first post but this really is frustrating me!

Offline BigAl

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 02:14:40 pm »
I thought the update had fixed it - it worked on the way back from the dealer but hasn't since.  >:( The device is visible on the network page, so it's seeing the device, but putting the password in just results in a circling timer. I changed my phone last week and it used to see that one as well, so don't think it's a phone issue. If you leave that page open when driving it will also pick up wi-fi networks that you happen to pass.

Frustrating thing is that the "live" trial starts on delivery and lasts 6 weeks - that's now expired. Dealer suggested speaking to Mazda customer service to reinstate...

The old TomTom system was much better in this respect. No phone needed as gsm was built into the car.

Alan

Offline Psythepie

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 03:09:17 pm »
Hmm, I thought the trial was from when you first connected to the wifi hotspot which seeing as I haven't been able to yet means I should still have the full trial to go?

Offline MIP

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 06:06:51 pm »
Updated firmware seems to be behaving well, none of the previously reported issues . dropouts etc..  Hotspot connection and Bluetooth links both worked faultlessly, codes only had to be input on initial setup (Mobile = Sony Xperia Z2).
Only thing I've noticed so far (this weekend) was system twice - on both outbound & return journeys - went to "navigation system loading", but when it loaded seconds later it returned to the current route and resumed from where it left off, so no real problem.
A little niggle, just had to hide the menu bar after system resumed!

I have this version from new.

1 dropout the first time I used it
1 crash in 2 weeks
it has stopped responding to SMS with my note 4

Offline March-mk

• Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 08:50:20 am »
RE: Psythepie connection issue:
I assume the Z3 and my Z2 share similar Sony menu systems.  I had problems after setting up the hotspot with the phone "Stamina Mode" settings dropping the 3/4G data connection when the screen saver is operating.  I had to go through the "Tools / settings" menu; then More, tethering & portable hotspot, tethering & portable hotspot stings, and finally into the power management option and set this to "Never".
Now trying to work out why stamina mode in general is not operating when I turn off the hotspot tethering!   ???

Offline Fangface

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 09:22:32 am »
I had the software in the entertainment system updated on Monday along with the hardware controlling the system.  I had been informed previously that the "wifi module" was to be replaced but when I dropped off the car I was told the main processor was being changed due to a "known issue" that affected quite a few of the facelift models.  I asked what the problem was only to be given a load of jargon (I build computer in my spare time so know the workings of electronics reasonably) that just sounded like waffle but the upshot was that the system has worked well since Monday afternoon since I picked it up.  I connected my phones hotspot on the first time after trying for months previously and never getting a connection and just getting the revolving circle for a while trying to connect before eventually getting a network error message.

Offline Psythepie

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 12:10:02 pm »
This is all useful stuff, thanks folks. I think I shall have a print out of this page with me when I pay the dealer a visit on Friday ;)

Offline doonhamer

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 12:27:21 pm »
Bought the CX5 Sports Nav facelift model in July and returned to dealership two days later to tell them there was an issue with satnav loading but was fobbed off by the sales team saying that I wasn't using the system correctly. Eventually the system failed completely so after visit to dealership told new updates were coming soon so had to wait several weeks for the update. Got system updated but six days later it is back to the same problem with not loading. Had to remove card then reload it to get system working again. Back to dealership and guess what - they dont know what to do so have sent all the details to Mazda so waiting to hear what the next step is. Very disappointed in top of the range car from Mazda.
I wondered if it is the sd card they use that cannot read and write at a good speed. Any ideas??

Offline Jumbo

• Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 05:36:24 pm »
Having read all the other posts I'm not sure if I should be happy that my "65" plate has lasted 2 weeks or not, Sat Nav just now says "loading navigation" and nothing more and the music system has cut out suddenly and started back up.

Booked in with the dealer for next week, will see how we get on!!

Offline BigAl

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »
Mine also booked in next week, I'm guessing an issue with the wifi module is the issue as everything else seems to be OK.

Alan

Offline Jumbo

• Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:21 pm »
UPDATE - now the whole infotainment systems keeps on rebooting itself, especially annoying as majority of the time I'm on hands free, not good....

Offline Psythepie

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 07:48:27 am »
So I took my car in to the garage on Friday. They reloaded the software & tried a couple of different phones but no joy so they spoke to Mazda who unsurprisingly said it was the first time they'd heard of it! The upshot is the garage have put in an official request or note (whatever it is they do) & have asked me to be patient while they wait to hear back from mazda but they did say it might take a couple of weeks  >:(

Offline BigAl

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 09:19:29 pm »
Mine was due to go in tomorrow for "investigation", but had a call from the dealer today saying don't bother. They've spoken to Mazda in advance and raised a technical query. In response Mazda have said to replace a certain module in the wi-fi control system. That's having to be ordered in from Germany, so it'll be a few more days before i know whether that sorts the problem.

Alan.

Offline Psythepie

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 07:48:26 am »