• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
SMS
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:06:52 pm »
I was watching a YouTube video recently on the MZD Connect system. It was from another country - Korea, I think but the demo showed how it's possible to reply to a text message with one of a number of preset responses from the MZD Connect system.  Does anyone know if UK models have this feature?

I can find a list of preset text messages but the option to respond after a text has been read is greyed out?

Also, under the Communication tab in the menu, the 'Notification' option is always greyed out for me - I've never been able to select it / find out what it does. I'm sure other people on the forum have said previously that the system can read email messages as well but I've only ever seen the SMS option.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Offline Deepjoy22

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: SMS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 10:35:00 pm »
I think the notifications is only available when you get one but it does work.  So long as I am connected via Bluetooth, if an email arrives I get a popup on the MZD screen asking me if I want to read (ie: listen) it.  If you don't spot this at the time the screen reverts to whatever it was before but then there is a notification icon at the top of the screen and the notification will be ungreyed.  Not had it happen with an SMS now I think about it but assume it's the same.  Interesting listening to the system read an email.

As for replying to SMS, not investigated that myself as yet, but I'm sure someone else can answer that for both of us.

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 08:24:16 am »
You need to check the compatibility  of your phone, not all phones accept emails etc.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/vehicle_select?language=en-EU

This is my phone, which ironically isnt connecting at this time, awaiting Mazda CS talking to my dealer to agree with Mazda Germany MZD connect technical that my car requires a module changing.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/phone-compatibility?language=en-EU&carrier_id=&manufacturer_id=&phone_id=&carrier_id=111&manufacturer_id=108&phone_id=4470
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:36:43 am by xtrailman »
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Ant

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:44:56 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I have an iPhone 6 and checking the compatibility, it seems most features are supported except for a couple of music player functions and signal strength. I couldn't see any reference about support for reading SMS and emails.

Text messages work fine but I never been able to find reference to reading emails - I'm sure I've received emails while driving though...

I haven't noticed the notification icon so will keep an eye out for that. Just be good to know if the reply-with-preset message works in the UK and with iPhones!

Hope you get your connection issues resolved Xtrailman.

Offline Fangface

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:38 am »
As one of the previous posters said it depends on the phone.  I have a LG G3 and I can make and receive texts no problem at any time.  However my wifes Sony Z1 compact can do both sms and emails whereas my phone won't do emails.  It is a helpful system if only to send a text to say you are driving and will contact them later.  There are about 10 preset responses set up and you can change any of them to a new message of your choice although the standard yes / no / be there in 10 minutes etc that are set up are actually quite useful.

Offline Ant

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »
Thanks. It seems I can only receive texts with the iPhone and not respond to them then and not receive emails. Not a major issue but those features would be nice to have! The other option is a change of phone, I guess!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »