Technical Section > Accessories

CX5 accessories

(1/4) > >>

Deepjoy22:
Just over a week away from picking up my new CX5.  I’m just thumbing through the online accessories that can be bought for this and am interested from those who already have a CX5 what ones you’ve personally chosen, would suggest I go for as a priority or those that aren't worth it.  Those I’m considering (in no particular order) are:

* Luxury mats
* Front mud flaps
* Spare wheel kit (as an aside, is the space saver the same regardless of whether you have 17” or 19” wheels)
* Aluminium pedals
* Footwell lights
* Scuff plates (illuminated)
Any thoughts on this appreciated.  Thanks

twabrigs:
I have the illuminated scuff plates (quite nice, unnecessary but a little indulgence) and the footwell lights (utterly hopeless and a total waste of money as they are virtually undetectable).

twabrigs:
I'd always recommend the auto folding mirror kit so they fold and unfold with the ignition, although you don;t mention those.

Ant:
I also have the illuminated stuff plates and footwell lights. I agree that the scuff plates look nice but are a bit of an indulgence! You can see the footwell lights (officially called 'Welcome Illumination kit", I believe) at night but as they're red, they don't provide much in the way of useful illumination.

The auto fold mirror kit at just under £100 is also a definite in my book.

I also have the boot liner (for trips to the tip) and rear bumper step plate (boot lip protector in a brushed aluminium effect) both of which I felt were worth investing in.

My dealer supplied mats with the CX-5 logo FoC but after only 3 weeks, the drivers side appears to be showing heel marks from driving so not sure if they are going to last or if there is a heavier duty set available.

I'm not planning to invest in the spare wheel kit yet (but ask me again if I get a puncture!). I doubt I'll go for the ally pedals either.

(You can get a view of the scuff plates and illumination kit in my post "Got it!" Under "I've just got/sold my CX-5")

Caldean:
Still awaiting  delivery of  my cx5.. 3 weeks to go. Ordered the film door sill and boot lip protectors( well, I'm Scottish after all )  and the auto folding mirrors as I want to ensure the car is locked... don't trust the smart key .. Otherwise the car is that well specc'd I don't need to order much else..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version