Author Topic: Auto Folding Door Mirrors  (Read 47593 times)

Offline skippa

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Auto Folding Door Mirrors
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 06:26:37 am »
twabrigs - sorry I missed your post. I had the work done by Hodgson Mazda in Gateshead - it was done while I waited - it took an hour and it was the first one they'd fitted. I bought the car from SG Petch (Durham) but they wanted £106 but couldn't install for about a week.

Johnnyoro - you're a brave man tackling that job - but I understand why! It's astonishing that customers know more about the products that the dealers sell!

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 12:14:39 pm »
Ah - thanks. Am in Fife 3 hours north of you so it's not quite worth switching my dealer to Gateshead..! Good price though.

Offline DHZ7945

• Too CX-y For My Car
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 06:15:29 pm »
£96 inc VAT fitted and being done on Thursday morning.
Just been in Stonacre Doncaster they've quoted me £271 to have this fitted >:(
SKIPPA which dealer did you use.  £96 plus diesel would be a lot cheaper than Stoneacre
:)

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 09:27:31 pm »
I had the work done by Hodgson Mazda in Gateshead - it was done while I waited - it took an hour and it was the first one they'd fitted.

Offline skippa

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 10:20:00 pm »
DHZ7945 - Hodgson Mazda are in Gateshead and its very near the Metro Centre (you could take the missus shopping lol!). I bought the car from SG Petch in Durham and they quoted £106 and were prepared to match the Hodgson price but couldn't do the job quickly. However, I believe they have a Mazda dealership in Darlington which would save you another 30 miles each way.

Surely there must be a Mazda dealership closer to you that would do this at a sensible price.

Offline DHZ7945

• Too CX-y For My Car
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 10:20:23 am »
DHZ7945 - Hodgson Mazda are in Gateshead and its very near the Metro Centre (you could take the missus shopping lol!). I bought the car from SG Petch in Durham and they quoted £106 and were prepared to match the Hodgson price but couldn't do the job quickly. However, I believe they have a Mazda dealership in Darlington which would save you another 30 miles each way.

Surely there must be a Mazda dealership closer to you that would do this at a sensible price.

Just phoned Perry's Barnsley. They will do the job for £113. So it looks like Stoneacre Doncaster don't know what they are doing. They said that both door cards would have to be removed and replaced.(don't thing so) So that gives me a lot of faith in the Doncaster branch (I think not)
Where do you thing the cars going for its first service???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:50:45 pm by DHZ7945 »

Offline DHZ7945

• Too CX-y For My Car
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 07:52:45 am »
After having been quoted £271 pounds to have the module for the folding mirrors. I went onto Facebook (Thank you Big Al for the tip) and reported to Mazda my feelings over the matter of being charged £158 pounds over other dealers prices, and this is what they've come back to me with

Dear David sorry to hear about the frustration with Stoneacre Mazda, we will raise this with our dealer operations team. Each dealer is privately owned and has their own labour rate so this will vary from dealer to dealer. Each dealer has a guide labour time for each accessory also so the only difference should be in the hourly charge. As advised we will raise your feedback with Stoneacre Mazda which we thank you for.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:54:55 am by DHZ7945 »

Offline johnnyoro

• Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »
    The job only requires the door card on the drivers side to be removed , an experienced Mazda technician should be able to complete this job in an hour easy .  The accessory is available on the Mazda website for £67 inc vat and an hourly rate of    £40 to £60 depending on dealer seems reasonable?  What does anyone else think?

Offline DHZ7945

• Too CX-y For My Car
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 07:46:38 am »
    The job only requires the door card on the drivers side to be removed , an experienced Mazda technician should be able to complete this job in an hour easy .  The accessory is available on the Mazda website for £67 inc vat and an hourly rate of    £40 to £60 depending on dealer seems reasonable?  What does anyone else think?

I agree. Thats why I reported them to Mazda. If I'd have seen it in the accessories part of the brochure to begin with I'd have had it fitted when I ordered the car. I had the scuff plates fitted no problem. Anyway the jobs been done now for £113 and they work a treat.. It's like magic  :D ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:05:05 am by DHZ7945 »

Offline Ant

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 10:42:37 pm »
I ordered one of these auto-fold mirror kits from my dealer today. They're charging me £97-odd to supply and fit. I do think they should be standard - I'd have ordered one prior to collecting the car if I had known but I don't think the price is too bad.

Also ordered scuff plates - apparently only illuminated ones are available now.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 10:42:37 pm »