Technical Section > Engine/Transmission/Powertrain/Exhaust

Camshaft / brake pump recall / service bulletin

(1/2) > >>

twabrigs:
Quite a bit of chat on another forum about TSBs / recalls on 2013 and I think 2014 CX5s for engine issues...anyone had notice of any of these? Have emailed my local dealer to ask but heard nothing yet. I did have a 'software update' a couple of months ago when it went in for a service and to have the dreaded excess oil level sorted, but no word of camshaft issues or brake vacuum pump.

See post 2042 onwards here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123817748-How-many-Brits-Fancy-a-cuppa/page137

oldcryptian:
Likewise, in March I took car in for a software updates and was at dealers last Monday (22 June) for brake judder problems but no mention of recall for brake vacuum pump.  Will follow this up when I return for the remedial work required on brakes

Willpower:
Please remember that UK spec vehicles and US spec vehicles vary in numerous ways.  There should be no assumption that what you read on a US site is guaranteed to be relevant in UK.

twabrigs:
Absolutely, but this was on a UK thread (albeit with some European input).

oldcryptian:
Indeed it was on a UK thread, I emailed Ashford Orbital on Sunday requesting information on this matter, they rang me yesterday morning (Monday, the usual prompt attention from them that I have experienced a number of times before) to confirm my CX5 did not fall within the range requiring recall. I do agree that non-UK sites can be misleading because of the differing specs but in this instance it was worth following up. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version