Author Topic: Service done  (Read 10640 times)

Offline dunhill1984

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Service done
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:13:38 pm »
Just had my 1st service 7.k miles/12 mth at leamington spa took a two hr slot whilst waiting( i live too far for pick up/drop off -26 miles they say) all ok.They tried to flog me £20 engine magic juice, i said no if its so important it should be included in service cost.I also asked if they change the pollen filter they said not until 3rd service!!!! not happy. i then requested if they would update sat nav card as i have slow internet and not tech savie  guess what! no is the answer ,they dont have the facilities......service dept dont go above and beyond in customer service it seems.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:56:56 pm by dunhill1984 »
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
Re: Service done
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:38:27 am »
I also asked if they change the pollen filter they said not until 3rd service!!!! not happy.

I wonder if that's becoming standard practise as I had the same response from my dealer following the 2-year service.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

steve101

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 09:45:59 am »
Can't fault the garage where I had our CX5 serviced. They even topped up the AdBlue at no extra cost.

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 08:06:16 pm »
Just had my 1st service 7.k miles/12 mth at leamington spa took a two hr slot whilst waiting( i live too far for pick up/drop off -26 miles they say) all ok.They tried to flog me £20 engine magic juice, i said no if its so important it should be included in service cost.I also asked if they change the pollen filter they said not until 3rd service!!!! not happy. i then requested if they would update sat nav card as i have slow internet and not tech savie  guess what! no is the answer ,they dont have the facilities......service dept dont go above and beyond in customer service it seems.
That's rubbish about not updating your maps. See https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/navigation-updatemymaps?language=en-EU Quote from the website: "PLEASE NOTE:
– If you do not have access to a computer, you can contact your dealer for updates."
Don't they have an internet connection? Of course they do, how else do they they register new vehicles with the DVLA electronically? It's just laziness, especially if you are still under warranty. You may wish to contact Mazda UK HQ and complain. Refer your dealer to the internet page I linked to. Alternatively, it is easy to do yourself if you download the Mazda Toolbox and follow the instructions.

Just had a look at the dealer website. How they gained "Mazda Elite Club" 2018 and 2019 is beyond me. The bar must be very low.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:11:30 pm by Jonno21 »
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 05:24:17 pm »
Thx jonno, i think that they get high scores in customer survey is that after every new car transaction(i had two in a yr) and service call is that they spend 5 mins at end saying how important it is to give them a 10 score,not 8 or 9 but 10 must be a good brainwash technique.....didnt work with me i gave them a low score.
 my internet is only 1 mbs, last time i did an update for my tom tom it took 13 hrs....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:08:48 pm by dunhill1984 »
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:28 am »
Thx jonno, i think that they get high scores in customer survey is that after every new car teansaction(i had two in a yr) and sevice call is that they spend 5 mins at end saying how important it is to give them a 10 score,not 8 or 9 but 10 must be a good brainwash technique.....didnt work with me i gave them a low score.
 my internet is only 1 mbs, last time i did an update for my tom tom it took 13 hrs....
Ah, I see. Still worth contacting Mazda HQ and referring them to the Mazda Connect web page about the dealer carrying out the update, or perhaps try another dealer depending on how far away they are from you? Yes, I also don't agree with the brainwashing techniques as it makes any survey not fit for purpose.
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:28 am »