Author Topic: Views on my CX5 2.2 175bhp Sport Auto Nav having had it since 2013.  (Read 15111 times)

Offline madhatter27

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
I do like the car. my only niggle on delivery was the dreadful single tone horn. I couldn't put up with it and added the second horn to make it twin tone. So much more in keeping with the car. Face-lifted cars are now twin tone.

Pros:
Wonderful power-train. Reliability exceptional. Dealer has been great.Specification was good at time of purchase. Soul Red. Body Style, packaging and equipment levels.

Cons:
Fuel consumption slightly disappointing at just under 35 mpg.
Interior plastics and general ambiance a bit 'low rent'.Some door switches not lit. No memory on driver seat adjustment.
Boot space is vulnerable to marking and scratches. Should be finished in carpeting not hard plastic mouldings on wheel arches and tail gate panel.
Suspension a bit fidgety. Not tuned for UK market?
My TOM TOM integrated sat nav is fine albeit a touch 'fragile'. However, latest face-lifted cars have Sat Nav via mobile technology. Absolutely dreadful. This will stop me buying another one![/b]
Tyre width looks slightly feeble versus some of its rivals.
Paint chips easier than anticipated. Vulnerable area priming not as flexible as it should be?

I love the shape and size but I need to see a step forward in finishing touches and a reliable sat nav for me to have another one. Can't wait to see the new car later this year.

Offline Ant

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Views on my CX5 2.2 175bhp Sport Auto Nav having had it since 2013.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:54:12 pm »
The sat nav in facelift models doesn't rely on mobile technology but it does need a data connection for certain features like live traffic and weather information and internet searches etc. As a pure sat nav, it works out of the box (i.e. you don't have to have a mobile phone in the car with you for it be able to plot a route to a specific destination.)

Some people say that it doesn't work as well as the previous Tom Tom version but as I've never used that I can't comment. I believe the new system uses 'Navtech' maps and it definitely has some quirks! People also comment that the maps aren't always up-to-date in terms of changes to road layouts/junction etc.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:54:35 pm »
I believe the new system uses 'Navtech' maps .......

Didn't Garmin obtain ownership of Natech some time back now? For most of their nuvi series of GPS's map updates are released four times a year and in fact I'm now on 2017.3 although in my opinion Garmin do get ahead of themselves somewhat in terms of the numbering system used as no doubt 2018.1 will get released sometime around July/August lol?
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline FireDiamondUK

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:24:15 am »
I have a 2013 car with the Tom Tom system and find it alright, although having been used to using Google Maps on a smart phone find it a bit of a step down from that.

However, in terms of maps i have always preferred Navtech over Tom Tom, as Navtech actually send cars to drive the roads like Google do and map them that way, whereas Tom Tom just essentially use an OS map. That means you end up with a lot more accuracy when it comes to one way streets and not taking you down gravel roads with Navtech than you do with TomTom and also finding TomTom thinks there is junctions where there isnt one, IE it is telling you to turn right but the road bends that way anyway...

Still getting along ok with the TomTom, and love the rest of the car!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:24:15 am »