Author Topic: Audio system questions  (Read 11374 times)

Offline kroma

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Audio system questions
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:50:08 pm »
Hello all.

I'm currently awaiting delivery of my CX5 and have been lurking for a while to gather some information.  However, I have a few questions about the lastest Bose Audio/MZD connect system.

I'm aware that there have been (and still are) issues with the system but it shows such great potential.

My main listening will be via USB and I've just bought a '64Gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit' which will be virtually invisible.  Assuming that my CX5 will have the latest software installed (and doesn't keep returning to track 1 as some have reported), have they now fixed issues with the track ordering within albums?  Is the ordering alphabetical or by track number?  If it's alphabetical (which it shouldn't be) is it by filename or mp3 track name?  As long as I know this I can prepare my files in an appropriate format so that they'll show in track order.

Does connection to mobile phone hotspots work successfully if the hotspot is turned on AFTER the phone connects to the car by Bluetooth?  If so, I have found the perfect app for Android phones which will recognise that the phone is connected via Bluetooth and automatically turn on the WiFi hotspot.  It's called 'AutoTether for Automatica'.  It does what it says but I'm not sure if it'll allow a successful connection in the CX5 (although it should do).

Furthermore - I can access my home WiFi from my driveway.  Can I teach the car to default to this (to save my phone data) and will it then switch to my phone hotspot when I drive out of range from my car?

I've downloaded the Aha and Stitcher apps (and I'm not too impressed).  My hope was that I'd be able to access my Facebook News Feed from Aha for use in the car.  So far I've only got it to show my Timeline which is pretty pointless.  Has anybody found a way around this?

Apologies for asking so many questions in one thread and apologies if the questions are answered elsewhere (I couldn't find any answers though). 

Thanks for listening,

K

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2013
Re: Audio system questions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:24:02 pm »
No answers for you as I have a 2013/14 car, but it strikes me that you must have an unusually long driveway and huge router range if being able to get your home wifi in the car is an issue!

Offline kroma

• Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:14:22 pm »
Hehe... Good point  :) I suppose some people must have very thick walls and low power routers though!

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 07:20:16 am »
It's unlikely that the car will come with the latest softeware, unless you specifically ask the dealer to make sure its on 56.00.513.
I had a replacement BT/Wifi unit which came with version 230 only recently, but installed 511 version myself, although its not recommended to diy. I just got sick of going back to the garage. Dealers i've found are pretty unhelpful.

I have no issues with the entertainment, unlike the last version in my 2013 car, where the usb always resumed at the first track, navigation of the system appears to me as first class. I would say that BT streaming is probably the weak link, but that's probably due to my phone.

The nav isnt great but works usually. You can carry out a update after 62miles via toolbox also do a backup and copy that to a spare card if you want. Wifi can be connected at anytime after the nav has started and you can select which signal to use, however my 100M range router will not reach to my garage or drive, possibly from the road but i never leave it there so don't know.

I also don't know if it defaults to the last used wifi, but BT will connect to the last used phone if you have more than one paired and in range.

I'm still learning myself in some areas, but i'm happy with the functions i use daily, there are a few utube vids worth watching, and lots of information on mazda247. The usa doesn't have wifi however, so don't assume everything is applicable to the UK.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:26:06 am by xtrailman »
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline p38cyq

• Belgium
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:11 pm »
Hello all.

I'm currently awaiting delivery of my CX5 and have been lurking for a while to gather some information.  However, I have a few questions about the lastest Bose Audio/MZD connect system.

I'm aware that there have been (and still are) issues with the system but it shows such great potential.these issues have been resolved since FY 2015.

My main listening will be via USB and I've just bought a '64Gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit' which will be virtually invisible.  Assuming that my CX5 will have the latest software installed (and doesn't keep returning to track 1 as some have reported), have they now fixed issues with the track ordering within albums?  Is the ordering alphabetical or by track number?  If it's alphabetical (which it shouldn't be) is it by filename or mp3 track name?  As long as I know this I can prepare my files in an appropriate format so that they'll show in track order. This issue has been solved since 2015.

Does connection to mobile phone hotspots work successfully if the hotspot is turned on AFTER the phone connects to the car by Bluetooth?  If so, I have found the perfect app for Android phones which will recognise that the phone is connected via Bluetooth and automatically turn on the WiFi hotspot.  It's called 'AutoTether for Automatica'.  It does what it says but I'm not sure if it'll allow a successful connection in the CX5 (although it should do). Once installed, you need to connect your smartfone to the system. Just go into Hotspot, "enter", and your CX-5 will automatically connect. This is not default as fi. MZD Connected Systems would otherwise use up your data.   

Furthermore - I can access my home WiFi from my driveway.  Can I teach the car to default to this (to save my phone data) and will it then switch to my phone hotspot when I drive out of range from my car? Yes, check your manual. You first install your home wifi (see the appropriate menu), and the add your homespot. Which you wil need to activate (see above).   

I've downloaded the Aha and Stitcher apps (and I'm not too impressed).  My hope was that I'd be able to access my Facebook News Feed from Aha for use in the car.  So far I've only got it to show my Timeline which is pretty pointless.  Has anybody found a way around this? Cannot comment on this as I do not use, nor want to use mentioned.

Apologies for asking so many questions in one thread and apologies if the questions are answered elsewhere (I couldn't find any answers though). 

Thanks for listening,

K

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:11 pm »